Video: Woman punched on train at Old Street after allegedly using racist language
- Credit: Archant
A woman who was punched on a train after allegedly using racist language is being hunted by police.
British Transport Police (BTP) want to talk to the woman after a video of violent altercation on a Tube train between Old Street and Moorgate Station was found on YouTube.
The footage, uploaded on January 8 and reported to police by concerned members of the public, shows an argument between a woman and a man, which climaxes with the man hitting the woman before being restrained by other passengers.
Police want to trace the woman featured in the clip and are appealing for help with their enquiries.
A spokesman for BTP said: “We still need to speak to the woman pictured in the images so we can try to establish exactly what took place. We continue to urge her or anyone who knows her, as well as any passengers who were on the train at the time, to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference B7/LUA of 10/01/13, or crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 20-year-old man has already come forward to help with the investigation.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 3 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 4 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 10 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown