Video: Woman punched on train at Old Street after allegedly using racist language
- Credit: Archant
A woman who was punched on a train after allegedly using racist language is being hunted by police.
British Transport Police (BTP) want to talk to the woman after a video of violent altercation on a Tube train between Old Street and Moorgate Station was found on YouTube.
The footage, uploaded on January 8 and reported to police by concerned members of the public, shows an argument between a woman and a man, which climaxes with the man hitting the woman before being restrained by other passengers.
Police want to trace the woman featured in the clip and are appealing for help with their enquiries.
A spokesman for BTP said: “We still need to speak to the woman pictured in the images so we can try to establish exactly what took place. We continue to urge her or anyone who knows her, as well as any passengers who were on the train at the time, to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference B7/LUA of 10/01/13, or crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 20-year-old man has already come forward to help with the investigation.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green