Violent Archway burglar being hunted by Islington police
- Credit: Archant
Officers want to speak to man after a 49-year-old victim was assaulted in one of three linked burglaries
A burglar who assaulted a middle-aged man in his home is being hunted by police.
Officers would like to speak to Leon McLean, 34, previously of Beachcroft Road, Archway, who they believe may have information on three linked burglaries, two of which were aggravated.
The first aggravated burglary took place on Friday July 3 at about 5.45pm at a flat in New Orleans Walk, Archway, when a 49-year-old man was assaulted and a laptop was stolen. The victim suffered minor injuries.
A second burglary took place in Anson Road, Holloway at 5.20am and a BB gun was stolen.
Another linked aggravated burglary then took place just 10 minutes later on the same street when an elderly female victim in her 70s disturbed the crook who made off with a clock radio.
Anyone who sees McLean, who is described as a black man or large build, should call police on 999 and not approach him.
- 1 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 2 Appeal hearing of MP Claudia Webbe gets under way
- 3 Ex Arsenal player Lee Harper appeals for return of stolen shirt
- 4 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 5 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 6 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 7 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 8 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
- 9 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 10 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
If you have information on McLean’s whereabouts you can call officers via 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.