Violent Archway burglar being hunted by Islington police
- Credit: Archant
Officers want to speak to man after a 49-year-old victim was assaulted in one of three linked burglaries
A burglar who assaulted a middle-aged man in his home is being hunted by police.
Officers would like to speak to Leon McLean, 34, previously of Beachcroft Road, Archway, who they believe may have information on three linked burglaries, two of which were aggravated.
The first aggravated burglary took place on Friday July 3 at about 5.45pm at a flat in New Orleans Walk, Archway, when a 49-year-old man was assaulted and a laptop was stolen. The victim suffered minor injuries.
A second burglary took place in Anson Road, Holloway at 5.20am and a BB gun was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Another linked aggravated burglary then took place just 10 minutes later on the same street when an elderly female victim in her 70s disturbed the crook who made off with a clock radio.
Anyone who sees McLean, who is described as a black man or large build, should call police on 999 and not approach him.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
If you have information on McLean’s whereabouts you can call officers via 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.