Violent Archway burglar being hunted by Islington police
- Credit: Archant
Officers want to speak to man after a 49-year-old victim was assaulted in one of three linked burglaries
A burglar who assaulted a middle-aged man in his home is being hunted by police.
Officers would like to speak to Leon McLean, 34, previously of Beachcroft Road, Archway, who they believe may have information on three linked burglaries, two of which were aggravated.
The first aggravated burglary took place on Friday July 3 at about 5.45pm at a flat in New Orleans Walk, Archway, when a 49-year-old man was assaulted and a laptop was stolen. The victim suffered minor injuries.
A second burglary took place in Anson Road, Holloway at 5.20am and a BB gun was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Another linked aggravated burglary then took place just 10 minutes later on the same street when an elderly female victim in her 70s disturbed the crook who made off with a clock radio.
Anyone who sees McLean, who is described as a black man or large build, should call police on 999 and not approach him.
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 5 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 6 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 7 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 8 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 9 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
If you have information on McLean’s whereabouts you can call officers via 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.