Violent Archway burglar being hunted by Islington police
- Credit: Archant
Officers want to speak to man after a 49-year-old victim was assaulted in one of three linked burglaries
A burglar who assaulted a middle-aged man in his home is being hunted by police.
Officers would like to speak to Leon McLean, 34, previously of Beachcroft Road, Archway, who they believe may have information on three linked burglaries, two of which were aggravated.
The first aggravated burglary took place on Friday July 3 at about 5.45pm at a flat in New Orleans Walk, Archway, when a 49-year-old man was assaulted and a laptop was stolen. The victim suffered minor injuries.
A second burglary took place in Anson Road, Holloway at 5.20am and a BB gun was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Another linked aggravated burglary then took place just 10 minutes later on the same street when an elderly female victim in her 70s disturbed the crook who made off with a clock radio.
Anyone who sees McLean, who is described as a black man or large build, should call police on 999 and not approach him.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 9 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
If you have information on McLean’s whereabouts you can call officers via 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.