Watch moment brazen moped thief storms Archway cafe and snatches laptop
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment a brazen moped rider storms into an Archway cafe and steals a customer’s laptop.
CCTV footage from Bread and Bean cafe, in Junction Road, shows a pillion passenger open the door and walk up to a customer sat by the window at about 12.30pm yesterday.
With the moped driver propping the door open, the pillion snatches the computer before running out of the shop. He jumps on the back of the moped, which is gone in seconds.
Owner Bona Sadiku told the Gazette this afternoon that it was the second incident in three weeks.
“It’s awful,” she said. “The place was packed. He was in and out in the space of four seconds. They just don’t care. I’ve just spoken to the police about it and they basically said there’s nothing they can do.
You may also want to watch:
“The last time, it was another woman sitting in exactly the same spot. We thought that was a one-off, but clearly not.
“We are outnumbered. This [moped crime] is going on so much in Archway. I’m going to be writing to our local MP, Jeremy Corbyn.”
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 6 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 7 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 8 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 9 Cricks Corner café remains after Islington Council rejects house conversion
- 10 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
The cafe is near Archway station, a known hotspot for Islington’s moped crime epidemic.