Watch moment brazen moped thief storms Archway cafe and snatches laptop
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment a brazen moped rider storms into an Archway cafe and steals a customer’s laptop.
CCTV footage from Bread and Bean cafe, in Junction Road, shows a pillion passenger open the door and walk up to a customer sat by the window at about 12.30pm yesterday.
With the moped driver propping the door open, the pillion snatches the computer before running out of the shop. He jumps on the back of the moped, which is gone in seconds.
Owner Bona Sadiku told the Gazette this afternoon that it was the second incident in three weeks.
“It’s awful,” she said. “The place was packed. He was in and out in the space of four seconds. They just don’t care. I’ve just spoken to the police about it and they basically said there’s nothing they can do.
You may also want to watch:
“The last time, it was another woman sitting in exactly the same spot. We thought that was a one-off, but clearly not.
“We are outnumbered. This [moped crime] is going on so much in Archway. I’m going to be writing to our local MP, Jeremy Corbyn.”
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Finsbury Park drugs misuse centre put into special measures
- 4 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 8 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
The cafe is near Archway station, a known hotspot for Islington’s moped crime epidemic.