Watch moment brazen moped thief storms Archway cafe and snatches laptop
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment a brazen moped rider storms into an Archway cafe and steals a customer’s laptop.
CCTV footage from Bread and Bean cafe, in Junction Road, shows a pillion passenger open the door and walk up to a customer sat by the window at about 12.30pm yesterday.
With the moped driver propping the door open, the pillion snatches the computer before running out of the shop. He jumps on the back of the moped, which is gone in seconds.
Owner Bona Sadiku told the Gazette this afternoon that it was the second incident in three weeks.
“It’s awful,” she said. “The place was packed. He was in and out in the space of four seconds. They just don’t care. I’ve just spoken to the police about it and they basically said there’s nothing they can do.
“The last time, it was another woman sitting in exactly the same spot. We thought that was a one-off, but clearly not.
“We are outnumbered. This [moped crime] is going on so much in Archway. I’m going to be writing to our local MP, Jeremy Corbyn.”
- 1 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 2 Mother Clucker! Fried chicken restaurant to open in Upper Street
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 8 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 9 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 10 Appeal hearing of MP Claudia Webbe gets under way
The cafe is near Archway station, a known hotspot for Islington’s moped crime epidemic.