Watch moment brazen moped thief storms Archway cafe and snatches laptop
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment a brazen moped rider storms into an Archway cafe and steals a customer’s laptop.
CCTV footage from Bread and Bean cafe, in Junction Road, shows a pillion passenger open the door and walk up to a customer sat by the window at about 12.30pm yesterday.
With the moped driver propping the door open, the pillion snatches the computer before running out of the shop. He jumps on the back of the moped, which is gone in seconds.
Owner Bona Sadiku told the Gazette this afternoon that it was the second incident in three weeks.
“It’s awful,” she said. “The place was packed. He was in and out in the space of four seconds. They just don’t care. I’ve just spoken to the police about it and they basically said there’s nothing they can do.
You may also want to watch:
“The last time, it was another woman sitting in exactly the same spot. We thought that was a one-off, but clearly not.
“We are outnumbered. This [moped crime] is going on so much in Archway. I’m going to be writing to our local MP, Jeremy Corbyn.”
- 1 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 2 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 3 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 4 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 5 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington
- 9 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
- 10 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
The cafe is near Archway station, a known hotspot for Islington’s moped crime epidemic.