Watch moment crooks storm Islington shop and steal £25,000 of handbags
- Credit: Archant
CCTV footage has captured the moment two thieves stormed an Islington shop and stole £25,000 worth of handbags.
The recording, issued by police today, shows the first man - a motorcycle pillion passenger still wearing a helmet - enter Handbag Clinic, in Camden Passage.
Going out of shot, the man pulled a knife and metal bar on staff. A second man, also in motorcycle gear, then enters the shop and takes handbags from their displays while the first man took more bags from the back of the shop.
A shopper then enters and was assaulted by both men as they made their getaway towards Charlton Place.
The burglary happened on Thursday, June 9 at about 11.50am and police have launched an appeal for information.
You may also want to watch:
The first man is described as wearing a two-tone grey top and grey tracksuit bottoms. The second is described as wearing a dark grey helmet, blue jacket and black trousers.
Police want to speak to anyone who may recognise the two men. Anyone with any information is asked to call 101 or 020 7421 0144, quoting reference number 2713934/16. Anyone who wants to be anonymous can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 4 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
The Gazette has contacted Handbag Clinic for comment.