What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Thrill to the sounds of a small guitar as the Ukelele Lady plays a gig for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Project, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402 for more information.
Indulge in a spot of festive folk music with Kate Rusby at Christmas, from 7.30pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Costs �26, call 020 7638 8891 for more information.
Luxuriate in the sounds of Daniel Moult playing Mozart and the Organ, from 7.30pm at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �9.50, call 020 7520 1490 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Enjoy art workshops, local produce stalls, a pop cafe and have a go at piano playing at this winter fair, from 11am to 5pm at the Old Fire Station, Mayton Street, N7. Costs �1 (50p concessions, under 5s free), call 020 7602 9794 for more information.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Walk with a map
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
Get festive at this winter fair with craft stalls, a puppet show and visit St Nicholas, 11am to 3pm at the King Henry’s Walk Garden, N1. Call 07974 353148 for more information.
Explore contemporary aspects of Carmelite spirituality at Carmel-in-the-City, from 11.30am to 3.30pm at St. Joseph’s Church, Lamb’s Passage, EC1. Call 07889 436 165
Discuss the meaning of life at this philosophy forum, open to newcomers, from 4 to 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Free, call 020 7713 9304 for more information.
Stay strong with these Chi Kung sessions. Every Sunday from 11am to 12noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm at Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for 5 lessons.
Heal yourself at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday and 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.