What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Thrill to the sounds of a small guitar as the Ukelele Lady plays a gig for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Project, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402 for more information.
Indulge in a spot of festive folk music with Kate Rusby at Christmas, from 7.30pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Costs �26, call 020 7638 8891 for more information.
Luxuriate in the sounds of Daniel Moult playing Mozart and the Organ, from 7.30pm at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �9.50, call 020 7520 1490 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Enjoy art workshops, local produce stalls, a pop cafe and have a go at piano playing at this winter fair, from 11am to 5pm at the Old Fire Station, Mayton Street, N7. Costs �1 (50p concessions, under 5s free), call 020 7602 9794 for more information.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 7 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
Get festive at this winter fair with craft stalls, a puppet show and visit St Nicholas, 11am to 3pm at the King Henry’s Walk Garden, N1. Call 07974 353148 for more information.
Explore contemporary aspects of Carmelite spirituality at Carmel-in-the-City, from 11.30am to 3.30pm at St. Joseph’s Church, Lamb’s Passage, EC1. Call 07889 436 165
Discuss the meaning of life at this philosophy forum, open to newcomers, from 4 to 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Free, call 020 7713 9304 for more information.
Stay strong with these Chi Kung sessions. Every Sunday from 11am to 12noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm at Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for 5 lessons.
Heal yourself at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday and 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.