What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Thrill to the sounds of a small guitar as the Ukelele Lady plays a gig for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Project, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402 for more information.
Indulge in a spot of festive folk music with Kate Rusby at Christmas, from 7.30pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Costs �26, call 020 7638 8891 for more information.
Luxuriate in the sounds of Daniel Moult playing Mozart and the Organ, from 7.30pm at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �9.50, call 020 7520 1490 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Enjoy art workshops, local produce stalls, a pop cafe and have a go at piano playing at this winter fair, from 11am to 5pm at the Old Fire Station, Mayton Street, N7. Costs �1 (50p concessions, under 5s free), call 020 7602 9794 for more information.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
Get festive at this winter fair with craft stalls, a puppet show and visit St Nicholas, 11am to 3pm at the King Henry’s Walk Garden, N1. Call 07974 353148 for more information.
Explore contemporary aspects of Carmelite spirituality at Carmel-in-the-City, from 11.30am to 3.30pm at St. Joseph’s Church, Lamb’s Passage, EC1. Call 07889 436 165
Discuss the meaning of life at this philosophy forum, open to newcomers, from 4 to 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Free, call 020 7713 9304 for more information.
Stay strong with these Chi Kung sessions. Every Sunday from 11am to 12noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm at Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for 5 lessons.
Heal yourself at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday and 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.