What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Enjoy a concert from the Connaught Opera for over 55s, from 2-3pm at The Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 3402 for more information.
Check out some classic American country music from The Wave Pictures, from 8pm at The Lexington, Pentonville Road, N1. Costs �8.50, call 020 7837 5371 for more information.
Go on a journey through electronic music with Evil Nine, from 8pm to 2am at The Old Queen’s Head, Essex Road, N1. Costs �4. Call 020 7354 9993 for information.
You may also want to watch:
Help make Islington a more green and pleasant land by volunteering to do some gardening, from 11am to 2pm at Rosemary Gardens, N1. Call 07825 098457 for more information.
- 1 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 2 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
Stay cool with some live jazz from the Jiri Slavik and Fred Thomas Duo and Beno�t Delbecq, from 8pm at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �9.50, call 020 7520 1490 for more information.
Start your weekend with a brisk 5km run, from 9am, in Highbury Fields. Free, call 07745 974 577 for more information.
Soothe any New Year blues with some gentle acoustic music at Live and Unamplified, from 7.30pm to 11pm at The Book Club, Leonard Street, EC2. Costs �3, call 020 7684 8618 for more information.
Visit the second biggest conservatory in London and explore a hidden tropical oasis in the heart of the city, from 11am to 5.30pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Free, call 020 7638 8891 for more information.
Partake of Crafternoon Tea, a drop-in craft session for people of all ages, from 2-4pm in Finsbury Park, N4. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.