What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Enjoy a concert from the Connaught Opera for over 55s, from 2-3pm at The Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 3402 for more information.
Check out some classic American country music from The Wave Pictures, from 8pm at The Lexington, Pentonville Road, N1. Costs �8.50, call 020 7837 5371 for more information.
Go on a journey through electronic music with Evil Nine, from 8pm to 2am at The Old Queen’s Head, Essex Road, N1. Costs �4. Call 020 7354 9993 for information.
You may also want to watch:
Help make Islington a more green and pleasant land by volunteering to do some gardening, from 11am to 2pm at Rosemary Gardens, N1. Call 07825 098457 for more information.
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
Stay cool with some live jazz from the Jiri Slavik and Fred Thomas Duo and Beno�t Delbecq, from 8pm at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �9.50, call 020 7520 1490 for more information.
Start your weekend with a brisk 5km run, from 9am, in Highbury Fields. Free, call 07745 974 577 for more information.
Soothe any New Year blues with some gentle acoustic music at Live and Unamplified, from 7.30pm to 11pm at The Book Club, Leonard Street, EC2. Costs �3, call 020 7684 8618 for more information.
Visit the second biggest conservatory in London and explore a hidden tropical oasis in the heart of the city, from 11am to 5.30pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Free, call 020 7638 8891 for more information.
Partake of Crafternoon Tea, a drop-in craft session for people of all ages, from 2-4pm in Finsbury Park, N4. Free, email email@example.com for more information.