What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Delve into a large range of designer clothes, including Marc Jacobs and Vivienne Westwood, at bargain prices, at Islington Studios, Thane Works, N7, from 10am to 8pm on Friday, 10am to 6pm on Saturday and 11am to 5pm on Sunday. �2 admission, call 020 7697 9888.
Celebrate the birthday of this popular venue with a party in a wigwam on its roof terrace, featuring a film screening and a set by DJ Greg Wilson, from 5pm to 4am at the Queen of Hoxton, Curtain Road, EC2. Tickets �15 for both, �7 for party, call 020 7422 0958.
See a variety of emerging skill-based artists at the Other Nature exhibition, from 11am to 7pm until March 31 at the Antlers Gallery at Frameless Gallery, Clerkenwell Green, EC1. Call 07780 503 180.
You may also want to watch:
Buy the work of more than 50 artists and designers at the Angel Spring Art Fair, an affordable art show, from 11am to 6pm at Candid Arts Galleries, Torrens Street, EC1. Free, call 020 7837 4237.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 3 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 4 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 10 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
Practise hard at these Chi Kung classes, from 8.45 to 9.45am, on Saturday, at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1, from 6.45 to 7.45pm, on Friday at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1, and 11am to noon, on Sunday, in Providence Court, N1. Cost: �12/10 or �40 for a block of five, call 07973 622240.
Enjoy some grown-up crayoning with Adult Colour By Numbers, where pictures and pens are provided and you bring your sense of humour, from 8pm at Drink, Shop & Do, Caledonian Road, N1. Free, call 020 7278 4335.
Discuss life’s hidden meanings at this philosophy forum run by the Stuart Low Trust, from 4 to 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Call 020 7713 9304 to register.
Get some ideas for Easter at the Country Living Magazine Spring Fair, from 10am to 3pm at the Business Design Centre, Upper Street, N1. Costs �11.50 advance, more on the door, call 020 7420 7738.
Come and help get this park ready for summer at the Spring Gardening Day, from 10am to 4pm at Wilmington Square, WC1. Tools and gloves provided, email firstname.lastname@example.org