What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Celebrate the Thai new year with a buffet and traditional Thai dancers, from 6pm at the Clarendon, Mildmay Park, N1. Fee entry, buffet �6, call 020 7249 6430.
Learn canoeing, kayaking, sailing and powerboating at this class for nine to 19-year-olds, from 11am to 4pm at Islington Boat Club, Graham Street, N1. Costs �3, call 0207 253 0778.
Relax with some cool Jazz with the Mark Kirk Trio, from 8pm to 10.30pm at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Free, call 020 7272 5566.
You may also want to watch:
Get involved with some guerilla wild flower planting at the King Henry’s Walk Garden, King Henry’s Walk, N1, call 07901 931018.
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
Focus your energy at Chi Kung classes, from 6.45pm to 7.45pm on Fridays at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1; from 8.45am to 9.45am on Saturdays at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1, and 11am to noon on Sundays, in Providence Court, N1. Sessions cost �10/12, or �40 for a block of five. Call 07973 622240 for more.
Learn to draw at this art class for all abilities, taught by local artist Jon Britten, from 2pm to 4.30pm, at Highbury Baptist Church, Highbury Place, N5. Eight sessions cost �60 (�35 concessions), call 07786 760437.
Wake up and find your woman has left you at this Sunday night blues night, from 6.45pm to 11pm, with a blues dancing lesson from 8pm, at The Book Club, Leonard Street, EC2. Costs �4, �8 with lesson, call 020 7684 8618.
Chortle away at fun, easy laughter yoga exercises – the cheerful way to happiness – from 6 to 7pm at the Hilldrop Community Centre, Hilldrop Road, N7. Costs �5, �3 concessions, call 020 7609 6145.
Think on at this philosophy forum run by the Stuart Low Trust, running from 4pm until 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Call 020 7713 9304 to register.
Take it easy with Lazy, Hazy, Crazy; laid back soul, funk and house with Dee Viant, from 3pm to 8pm at Drink, Shop and Do, Caledonian Road, N1. Free, call 020 7278 4335