What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Enjoy more than 15 beers from all over the UK at this beer festival, all day until Tuesday at Filthy MacNasty’s, Amwell Street, EC1. The event is free, and there are discounts for CAMRA members. Call 020 8617 3505.
Strengthen your discipline at these Chi Kung classes, from 6.45pm to 7.45pm on Fridays at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1; from 8.45am to 9.45am on Saturdays at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1, and 11am to noon on Sundays, in Providence Court, N1. Sessions cost �10/12, or �40 for a block of five. Call 07973 622240.
Witness Rosanne Cash, daughter of country legend Johnny, perform a rare London show, from 7pm at the Union Chapel, Compton Street, N1. Tickets cost �17.50 and are available by calling 020 7226 3750.
You may also want to watch:
See one of the UK’s best loved reggae bands – Aswad – supported by Tippa Irie, Subajah Family and DJ Christine Indigo from 7pm at the Islington Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Tickets start from �22.50. Call 020 7527 8900 for more details.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
- 10 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
Come and watch some tag rugby at the Finsbury Park Tag Rugby Festival, with an after-party at the Faltering Fullback, in Perth Road, from 1pm at Finsbury Park, N4. Visit www.trytagrugby.com.
Enjoy a night of funky music featuring Featurecast, Mooque, Pimpsoul and Jimi Needles at Bomb Strikes, from 9pm to 4am at the Big Chill House, Pentonville Road, N1. Entry is free, and for more information call 020 7427 2540.
Bring the family along and learn how to make unleavened bread at Chabad Islington’s Family Model Matza Bakery, from noon at St Mary’s Community Centre, Upper Street, N1. The event is free, call 020 7688 0169 for more.
Spin a yarn at Storytellers’ Club, a monthly meet for story lovers, from 8pm to 9.30pm at the Pleasance Theatre, Carpenters Mews, N7. Costs �8 (�6 concessions), call 020 7609 1800.
Chat about Rene Descarte’s theories at this philosophy forum run by the Stuart Low Trust, running from 4-to 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Call 020 7713 9304 to register.