What’s on in Islington this weekend?
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Check out an exhibition about Edward Lear, celebrate author of The Owl and the Pussycat, until May 31 at Finsbury Library, St John Street, EC1. Free, call 020 7527 7960.
Hear the Queens of Lovers, Janet Kay and Carroll Thompson, rock from 7pm at the Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Tickets from �20, call 020 7527 8900.
Get your groove on with free jazz gig from Maria K’s Duo, from 8:00 to 10:30pm from 8 to 10pm at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Free, call 020 7272 5566.
You may also want to watch:
Discover how supporting your child is crucial to their well-being and success, from 2.15 to 3pm at the West Library, Bridgeman Road, N1. Free, call 020 7527 7920.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 10 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
Mould a bust of Bart Simpson at while you have a drink at Play with Clay, from 8pm at Drink, Shop and Do, Caledonian road, N1. Free, call 020 7278 4335
See a spontaneous soundtrack to a famous silent film at Not So Silent Moveis, featuring members of the Noisettes, from 3pm at the King’s Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �9.50, call 020 7520 1490.
See the Politics and Olympic Exhibition, part of the Word 2010 festival, from 9am to 9pm Monday to Friday until May 31 at the Free Word Centre, Farringdon Road, EC1. Visit www.freewordonline.com.
Round the weekend off in style with some acoustic music at Live and Unamplified, from 7.30 to 10.30pm at the Book Club, Leonard Street, EC2. Costs �3, call 020 7684 8618.
See a spontaneous soundtrack to a famous silent film at Not So Silent Movies, featuring members of the Noisettes, from 3pm at the King’s Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �9.50, call 020 7520 1490.