What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Listen to the Beatles of Mambo, Snowboy and the Latin Section, from 7pm at the Islington Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Costs �15, call 020 7527 8900.
Hear about Clerkenwell’s radicals, rebels and revolutionaries at this talk, from 6pm at Islington Museum, St John Street, EC1. Free, call 020 7527 7960.
Get saxy at this free jazz gig with Felix Wieghtman on piano and Josef Stout on Saxophone, from 8 to 10.30pm, at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Free, call 020 7272 5566.
You may also want to watch:
Find some retro style at A Glamourous Affair – vintage and craft market, with Thai food, cake and half-price martinis from 12noon to 5pm, at the Library Bar, Upper Street, N1. Free, call 020 7704 6977.
- 1 Can you help identify this man?
- 2 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
- 3 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 4 Climate change: Nurture nature
- 5 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 6 Church closes Highgate path over 'antisocial behaviour and assault'
- 7 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 8 Islington pays tribute to Prince Philip who has died, aged 99
- 9 Alex Smith murder: Abdirahman Ibrahim found guilty
- 10 Neighbours hit by noise nuisance from Gorillas' delivery centre told: ‘Deal with it’
Broaden your horizons with a range of activities for adults and children including music and dance performance, from 12noon to 4pm at the Centre For Lifelong Learning, Blackstock Road, N4. Free, call 0207 700 9333.
Write and draw your own graphic novel at this workshop, from 2 to 4pm at the Islington Museum, St John Street, EC1. Free, call 020 7527 7960.
Relish Trio Mediaeval and Arve Henriksen in a unique collaboration of Norwegian folk music, medieval music, contemporary classical and even improvisation, from 7.30pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Ticket from �15, call 020 7638 8891
Check out Bollywood Punch and Judy, from the UK’s first Asian Punch and Judy Professor, from 3pm at the Central Library, Fieldway Crescent, N5. Free, call 020 7527 6900.
Roll on the floor laughing at this laughter yoga class – the cheerful way to happiness – from 6 to 7pm at Hilldrop Community Centre, Hilldrop Road, N7 0JE. Costs �5 (�3 concs), call 0207 609 6145
Stay healthy and strong with these Chi Kung classes, from 11am to noon, on Sunday, in Providence Court, N1; from 8.45 to 9.45am, on Saturday, at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1 and from 6.45 to 7.45pm, on Friday at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1, and Cost �12/10 or �40 for a block of five, call 07973 622240.