What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Listen to the Beatles of Mambo, Snowboy and the Latin Section, from 7pm at the Islington Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Costs �15, call 020 7527 8900.
Hear about Clerkenwell’s radicals, rebels and revolutionaries at this talk, from 6pm at Islington Museum, St John Street, EC1. Free, call 020 7527 7960.
Get saxy at this free jazz gig with Felix Wieghtman on piano and Josef Stout on Saxophone, from 8 to 10.30pm, at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Free, call 020 7272 5566.
You may also want to watch:
Find some retro style at A Glamourous Affair – vintage and craft market, with Thai food, cake and half-price martinis from 12noon to 5pm, at the Library Bar, Upper Street, N1. Free, call 020 7704 6977.
- 1 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 2 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 9 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
Broaden your horizons with a range of activities for adults and children including music and dance performance, from 12noon to 4pm at the Centre For Lifelong Learning, Blackstock Road, N4. Free, call 0207 700 9333.
Write and draw your own graphic novel at this workshop, from 2 to 4pm at the Islington Museum, St John Street, EC1. Free, call 020 7527 7960.
Relish Trio Mediaeval and Arve Henriksen in a unique collaboration of Norwegian folk music, medieval music, contemporary classical and even improvisation, from 7.30pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Ticket from �15, call 020 7638 8891
Check out Bollywood Punch and Judy, from the UK’s first Asian Punch and Judy Professor, from 3pm at the Central Library, Fieldway Crescent, N5. Free, call 020 7527 6900.
Roll on the floor laughing at this laughter yoga class – the cheerful way to happiness – from 6 to 7pm at Hilldrop Community Centre, Hilldrop Road, N7 0JE. Costs �5 (�3 concs), call 0207 609 6145
Stay healthy and strong with these Chi Kung classes, from 11am to noon, on Sunday, in Providence Court, N1; from 8.45 to 9.45am, on Saturday, at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1 and from 6.45 to 7.45pm, on Friday at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1, and Cost �12/10 or �40 for a block of five, call 07973 622240.