What’s on in Islington this Weekend?
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Relish an afternoon music performance for the over-55s with the Oxford Concert Party at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402.
Take it easy with the cool jazz sound of the Alex Hutton Trio, featuring Dave Whitford on bass and Josh Morrison on drums, from 9pm to 11.30pm at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Cost �5, call 020 7272 5566.
Spin your partner round and round at these barn dance classes for the over-55s from 2pm to 4pm at the St Luke’s Centre, Central Street, EC1. Free, call 020 7549 8188.
You may also want to watch:
Listen to the story of a troubling obsession with the world’s most passionate dance at A Love Letter to the Tango by Kapka Kassabova, from 2.30pm at the King’s Place, York Way, N1. Costs �9.50, call 020 7520 1490.
- 1 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 2 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
- 3 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 4 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 10 Covid and NHS, LTNs and trees versus housing
Enjoy an exhibition of painting and sculpture from highly established and emerging talents as part of the Islington Contemporary Art and Design Fair, from 11am to 6pm on Saturday and Sunday at the Candid Arts Trust, Torrens Street, EC1. Call 020 7837 4237.
Listen to a lunchtime gig by Islington band Roadworks, from 2pm to 3pm at the Nag’s Head Shopping Centre, Holloway Road, N7. Free, visit www.islingtonmhf.co.uk.
Hear the baroque musicians of the Concertante of London play arrangements of works by composers Handel and Scarlatti to commemorate their famous “keyboard duel” in Venice in 1708, from 6.30pm at the King’s Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �14.50, call 020 7520 1490.
Turn your fingers green with this monthly gardening day with bring-and-share lunch, from 12.30pm to 3pm at the Quakers Gardens, Banner Street, EC1. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Train hard at these Chi Kung classes. Every Sunday from 11am to noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Cost �10 a lesson or �40 for five.