What’s on in Islington this weekend?
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Hear the cutting edge of Asian music as Talvin Singh plays tabla and electronics, from 8pm at King’s Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �9.50, call 020 7520 1490.
Introduce your child to the allure of dance at these introductory classes for six to seven-year-olds, from 4.30 to 5pm for contemporary and 5 to 5.30pm for ballet, at the at Islington Arts Factory, Parkhurst Road, N7. Cost �40 per term, call 020 7607 0561.
Listen to an afternoon concert or the over-55s with the Oxford Concert Party at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402.
You may also want to watch:
Start the youngsters on their creative journey at these art classes for four to six-year-olds, from 10 to 11am at Islington Arts Factory, Parkhurst Road, N7. Cost �55 per term, including materials, call 020 7607 0561.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 6 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
Hear the hippest jazz sounds around as played by the Alvin Burrell Modern Jazz Trio, from 9 to 11.30pm at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Cost �5, call 020 7272 5566.
Perfect your artistic technique with these mixed level art classes for adults and beginners class for children aged seven to 12, from 2.30 to 5pm (adults) and 10.30am to 12noon (children), at Highbury Baptist Church, Highbury Place, N5. Cost �76 (�56 concessions) for adults and �80 (�60 concessions) for children for eight sessions, call 07786 760437.
Spend the day listening to the chamber music of Robert Schumann led by Dr Susan Youens, from 10.30am at the Baribican, Silk Street, EC2. Costs �15 (�5 conc) call 020 7638 8891.
Join in a day of space related japes, including space origami, a space talk from an astronomer and black hole cocktails, from 10.30am to 8pm at Drink, Shop and Do, Caledonian Road, N1. Free, call 020 7278 4335.
Train hard at these Chi Kung classes. Every Sunday from 11am to noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Cost �10 a lesson or �40 for five.