What’s on in Islington this weekend?
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Hear the cutting edge of Asian music as Talvin Singh plays tabla and electronics, from 8pm at King’s Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �9.50, call 020 7520 1490.
Introduce your child to the allure of dance at these introductory classes for six to seven-year-olds, from 4.30 to 5pm for contemporary and 5 to 5.30pm for ballet, at the at Islington Arts Factory, Parkhurst Road, N7. Cost �40 per term, call 020 7607 0561.
Listen to an afternoon concert or the over-55s with the Oxford Concert Party at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402.
You may also want to watch:
Start the youngsters on their creative journey at these art classes for four to six-year-olds, from 10 to 11am at Islington Arts Factory, Parkhurst Road, N7. Cost �55 per term, including materials, call 020 7607 0561.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
Hear the hippest jazz sounds around as played by the Alvin Burrell Modern Jazz Trio, from 9 to 11.30pm at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Cost �5, call 020 7272 5566.
Perfect your artistic technique with these mixed level art classes for adults and beginners class for children aged seven to 12, from 2.30 to 5pm (adults) and 10.30am to 12noon (children), at Highbury Baptist Church, Highbury Place, N5. Cost �76 (�56 concessions) for adults and �80 (�60 concessions) for children for eight sessions, call 07786 760437.
Spend the day listening to the chamber music of Robert Schumann led by Dr Susan Youens, from 10.30am at the Baribican, Silk Street, EC2. Costs �15 (�5 conc) call 020 7638 8891.
Join in a day of space related japes, including space origami, a space talk from an astronomer and black hole cocktails, from 10.30am to 8pm at Drink, Shop and Do, Caledonian Road, N1. Free, call 020 7278 4335.
Train hard at these Chi Kung classes. Every Sunday from 11am to noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Cost �10 a lesson or �40 for five.