What’s on in Islington this weekend?
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Relish the Guildhall Chamber Orchestra on their return to LSO St Luke’s for a concert directed by Guildhall alumnus Candida Thompson, from 7.30pm, at the Guildhall School of Mucic and Drama, Silk Street, EC2. Tickets from £10 (£5 concessions), call 020 763 88891.
Get into the strictly spirit with this ballroom dancing session for over-55s, from 2 to 4pm, at the St Luke’s Centre, Central Street, London EC1. Call 020 7549 8188.
You may also want to watch:
Lose weight, tone up, make friends and get some fresh air at this new Nordic walking class, from 3pm, at the Drovers Centre, North Road, N7. Costs £2, call 07900 888438.
Witness a true great – Steve Cropper – one of the greatest guitarists of all time, who co-wote hits for Otis Redding and Wilson Pickett among others – perform a rare UK show, from 7pm, at the Islington Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Tickets from £25, visit agmp.ticketabc.com.
- 1 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 2 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 3 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 4 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington
- 10 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
Join an art class for all abilities, taught by local artist Jon Britten, from 2 to 5pm, at Highbury Baptist Church, Highbury Place, N5. Eight sessions cost £84 (£64 concessions), visit drawingclassesforall.weebly.com.
Kick back and stay cool with some achingly funky tunes from the Bluespective Jazz Band, from 9pm, at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Call 020 7272 5566.
Watch artist Jane Cheadle transform, record, replay and grow each day in this life size animation, all day at the A Million Minutes Shop Studio, Junction Road, N19. Free, call 020 7514 2366.
Shop ’til you drop at one of Islington’s newest and funkiest markets, from 10am to 4pm, in Camden Passage, N1. Free, call 020 7288 4377.
Enjoy a time for families to be part of activities – arts and crafts projects, stories, music and movement – that speak to children, from 11am to noon at the Newington Green Unitarian Church, Newington Green, N16. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spin like a ninja at these chi kung classes. Every Sunday, from 11am to noon, at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 07973 622240. The class costs £10 per lesson or £40 for five.