Wiley gig cancelled after Highbury Fields shooting
- Credit: Archant
Rapper Wiley’s performance at The Garage in Highbury has been postponed after a man was shot outside the venue last night.
The Rolex singer was due to play at the venue tonight as part of his Snakes and Ladders album tour but the show has been postponed to a date in early 2015.
Police were called to a disturbance at the club in Highbury Crescent at 11.41pm last night but arrived to find that the 25-year-old victim, who was shot in the leg, had made his own way to hospital.
Police said his injuries were not life threatening.
In a statement promoters SJM Concerts said: “Following an incident which took place outside The Garage in London last night, the main venue is unable to open this evening.
You may also want to watch:
“It is with regret that the venue has no option other than to postpone tonight’s Wiley show, which is a decision in no way related to Wiley, his management team nor his support acts.
“The Snakes and Ladders Tour shall be moved to early 2015, new dates to be announced soon.”
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
Officers from the Met’s Trident unit are investigating alongside Islington police.