Wiley gig cancelled after Highbury Fields shooting
- Credit: Archant
Rapper Wiley’s performance at The Garage in Highbury has been postponed after a man was shot outside the venue last night.
The Rolex singer was due to play at the venue tonight as part of his Snakes and Ladders album tour but the show has been postponed to a date in early 2015.
Police were called to a disturbance at the club in Highbury Crescent at 11.41pm last night but arrived to find that the 25-year-old victim, who was shot in the leg, had made his own way to hospital.
Police said his injuries were not life threatening.
In a statement promoters SJM Concerts said: “Following an incident which took place outside The Garage in London last night, the main venue is unable to open this evening.
“It is with regret that the venue has no option other than to postpone tonight’s Wiley show, which is a decision in no way related to Wiley, his management team nor his support acts.
“The Snakes and Ladders Tour shall be moved to early 2015, new dates to be announced soon.”
- 1 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 2 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
- 3 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 4 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 5 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 6 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman last seen in Haringey
- 7 Fast food chain Leon launches 80th restaurant in Angel
- 8 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 9 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 10 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
Officers from the Met’s Trident unit are investigating alongside Islington police.