Wiley gig cancelled after Highbury Fields shooting
- Credit: Archant
Rapper Wiley’s performance at The Garage in Highbury has been postponed after a man was shot outside the venue last night.
The Rolex singer was due to play at the venue tonight as part of his Snakes and Ladders album tour but the show has been postponed to a date in early 2015.
Police were called to a disturbance at the club in Highbury Crescent at 11.41pm last night but arrived to find that the 25-year-old victim, who was shot in the leg, had made his own way to hospital.
Police said his injuries were not life threatening.
In a statement promoters SJM Concerts said: “Following an incident which took place outside The Garage in London last night, the main venue is unable to open this evening.
You may also want to watch:
“It is with regret that the venue has no option other than to postpone tonight’s Wiley show, which is a decision in no way related to Wiley, his management team nor his support acts.
“The Snakes and Ladders Tour shall be moved to early 2015, new dates to be announced soon.”
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 3 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 4 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
Officers from the Met’s Trident unit are investigating alongside Islington police.