Wiley gig cancelled after Highbury Fields shooting
- Credit: Archant
Rapper Wiley’s performance at The Garage in Highbury has been postponed after a man was shot outside the venue last night.
The Rolex singer was due to play at the venue tonight as part of his Snakes and Ladders album tour but the show has been postponed to a date in early 2015.
Police were called to a disturbance at the club in Highbury Crescent at 11.41pm last night but arrived to find that the 25-year-old victim, who was shot in the leg, had made his own way to hospital.
Police said his injuries were not life threatening.
In a statement promoters SJM Concerts said: “Following an incident which took place outside The Garage in London last night, the main venue is unable to open this evening.
You may also want to watch:
“It is with regret that the venue has no option other than to postpone tonight’s Wiley show, which is a decision in no way related to Wiley, his management team nor his support acts.
“The Snakes and Ladders Tour shall be moved to early 2015, new dates to be announced soon.”
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 6 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 7 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
Officers from the Met’s Trident unit are investigating alongside Islington police.