Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- Credit: met police
A 70-year-old man is the eighth person to be charged with the murder of Imani Allaway-Muir in Islington last year.
William Hardy, of Islington, was charged with murder today after he was arrested over the fatal shooting yesterday.
He is due to appear at Willesden Magistrates' Court tomorrow (April 29).
Mr Allaway-Muir, 22, was shot dead “in broad daylight” near a children’s playground in the Westbourne Estate, off Roman Way, in Holloway, on July 4.
Emergency services were called to Roman Way at 3.20pm but despite the best efforts of paramedics, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination found he had died of a gunshot wound.
Nathaniel Reece, 40, of Southgate Road, De Beauvoir, Matthew Hardy, 34, of Six Acres Estate, Finsbury Park, Darren Dredge, 39, of no fixed abode, Hassan Hamza, 27, of Arundel Square, Barnsbury, Demetrios Kyriacou, 34, of Liverpool Road, Barnsbury, Dean Walker, 31, of Shearling Way in the Cally and James Nicholson, 35, of no fixed address are due to stand trial at the Old Bailey in February 2022.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 3 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 6 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 7 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 8 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows