Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- Credit: met police
A 70-year-old man is the eighth person to be charged with the murder of Imani Allaway-Muir in Islington last year.
William Hardy, of Islington, was charged with murder today after he was arrested over the fatal shooting yesterday.
He is due to appear at Willesden Magistrates' Court tomorrow (April 29).
Mr Allaway-Muir, 22, was shot dead “in broad daylight” near a children’s playground in the Westbourne Estate, off Roman Way, in Holloway, on July 4.
Emergency services were called to Roman Way at 3.20pm but despite the best efforts of paramedics, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination found he had died of a gunshot wound.
Nathaniel Reece, 40, of Southgate Road, De Beauvoir, Matthew Hardy, 34, of Six Acres Estate, Finsbury Park, Darren Dredge, 39, of no fixed abode, Hassan Hamza, 27, of Arundel Square, Barnsbury, Demetrios Kyriacou, 34, of Liverpool Road, Barnsbury, Dean Walker, 31, of Shearling Way in the Cally and James Nicholson, 35, of no fixed address are due to stand trial at the Old Bailey in February 2022.
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 7 Whittington NHS bosses announce maternity transformation plans
- 8 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 9 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 10 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord completes move to Bundesliga side VfL Wolfsburg