Woman arrested in connection with King’s Cross double murder
- Credit: Archant
A 42-year-old woman has been arrested in connection with the murder of two men in a King’s Cross flat fire on Friday.
Police launched a murder investigation on Friday after firefighters found the bodies of a man in his 40s and another in his 50s when they were called to a blaze at a third floor flat in Penton Rise at 7.05pm.
The woman is currently being held in custody at a North London Police station.
Officers are in the process of informing next of kin who will then formally identify the two men.
Glen Lloyd, who has launched an investigation under his homicide and major crime command, said: “I would like to appeal to anyone in the Penton Rise area who has seen or heard anything unusual between 5 and 8pm to contact police immediately.
You may also want to watch:
“Two men have died and my team are eager to hear from anyone who was in the area or passing by before or just after this fire started.
“If you were in the area at the time, you may well have witnessed what occurred or seen something that could assist our investigation.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
“I would urge anyone with information to contact the incident room on the Incident Room no 0208-345-3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”