Woman attacked as she opened door to Archway home
A young woman was hit on the back of the head with a brick as she tried to open her front door, it has been revealed this week.
Detectives investigating the serious assault in Archway on Saturday, September 17, have now released CCTV footage of a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
At around 4.30am the 24-year-old victim was walking home from Archway tube station along St John’s Way before turning into Miranda Road. Just as she was about to open her door, she was hit several times on the head from behind with a brick before her screams alerted her family and the attacker ran off.
The victim sustained serious cuts to her head and was taken to the Whittington Hospital for treatment.
The suspect is described as a light skinned black man with a high forehead. At the time of the incident he was wearing an open black zip up top with a distinctive black t-shirt underneath with the letter C written in white on the front.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer, Det Con Dermot Corcoran, said: “This was a truly terrifying and unprovoked assault on a young woman. I appeal to members of the public to take a close look at the CCTV image to see if they can help police identify this man.”
Anyone with information should contact Islington CID on 0207 421 0162 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 5 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 6 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 10 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off