Woman charged with murder after Hornsey Rise death
A woman has been charged with murder following the death of a man on Monday night.
The 66-year-old man, known locally only as Colin, was found unconscious by ambulance crews at Iberia House, New Orleans Walk, Hornsey Rise at around 11.15pm.
They rushed him to The Whittington Hosptial, but he was pronounced dead at about 6.45am the following day.
A post mortem carried out on Tuesday gave the cause of death as compression of the neck.
Neighbours described the victim, who is thought to have suffered from cancer, as a quiet, gentle man.
You may also want to watch:
One said: “He used to walk the dog all the time. My husband would say hello and ask him if he was all right. He would say ‘every day is a bonus’.
“He was a nice person, no trouble, but very quiet.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
“He was very ill and I hadn’t seen him for about three weeks when an ambulance took him away in a wheelchair. It’s really sad, I feel sorry for the whole family.”
Another added: “He was lovely, a really nice man.
“He used to drink in the Royal Oak on St John’s Way and he would always have a laugh with you if he saw you in the lift. A very gentle person.”
Resident Linda Roast, 53, described the chaos at Iberia House on Monday: “I heard doors slamming and there were so many police everywhere, they kept me awake for ages. It was such a shock to find out what happened.”
Police charged Joyce Evans, 68, of Iberia House, New Orleans Walk, Hornsey Rise with murder on Tuesday. She appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court yesterday.