Woman injured in City Road snowball assault
A CYCLIST was knocked off her bike by two cold-hearted attackers who pelted her with snowballs and then kicked her on the ground.
The 23-year-old woman was left with fractured ribs after being viciously set upon by the two men in City Road, Islington, in the early hours of Wednesday in an unprovoked attack as she was cycling between Hall Street and Wakely Street at about 1am.
She was treated at hospital for her injuries.
Police are appealing for information and said that one of the men was wearing a shiny grey hooded top.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Marcus Johnson said: “This was an unprovoked attack on a woman who was on her own, and I am keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time, who may have witnessed something or knows who is responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact DC Johnson in the Islington Community Safety Unit on 0207 421 0173 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists