Woman injured in City Road snowball assault
A CYCLIST was knocked off her bike by two cold-hearted attackers who pelted her with snowballs and then kicked her on the ground.
The 23-year-old woman was left with fractured ribs after being viciously set upon by the two men in City Road, Islington, in the early hours of Wednesday in an unprovoked attack as she was cycling between Hall Street and Wakely Street at about 1am.
She was treated at hospital for her injuries.
Police are appealing for information and said that one of the men was wearing a shiny grey hooded top.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Marcus Johnson said: “This was an unprovoked attack on a woman who was on her own, and I am keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time, who may have witnessed something or knows who is responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact DC Johnson in the Islington Community Safety Unit on 0207 421 0173 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 5 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub