Woman injured in City Road snowball assault
A CYCLIST was knocked off her bike by two cold-hearted attackers who pelted her with snowballs and then kicked her on the ground.
The 23-year-old woman was left with fractured ribs after being viciously set upon by the two men in City Road, Islington, in the early hours of Wednesday in an unprovoked attack as she was cycling between Hall Street and Wakely Street at about 1am.
She was treated at hospital for her injuries.
Police are appealing for information and said that one of the men was wearing a shiny grey hooded top.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Marcus Johnson said: “This was an unprovoked attack on a woman who was on her own, and I am keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time, who may have witnessed something or knows who is responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact DC Johnson in the Islington Community Safety Unit on 0207 421 0173 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 6 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green