Woman injured in City Road snowball assault
A CYCLIST was knocked off her bike by two cold-hearted attackers who pelted her with snowballs and then kicked her on the ground.
The 23-year-old woman was left with fractured ribs after being viciously set upon by the two men in City Road, Islington, in the early hours of Wednesday in an unprovoked attack as she was cycling between Hall Street and Wakely Street at about 1am.
She was treated at hospital for her injuries.
Police are appealing for information and said that one of the men was wearing a shiny grey hooded top.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Marcus Johnson said: “This was an unprovoked attack on a woman who was on her own, and I am keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time, who may have witnessed something or knows who is responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact DC Johnson in the Islington Community Safety Unit on 0207 421 0173 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 3 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 4 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school