Woman robbed of �200 in Upper Holloway
A frail 83-year-old woman was robbed of �200 savings and her walking stick on Monday, Feburary 27.
The victim was walking through an alleyway leading from Cromartie Road to Hazellville Road in Upper Holloway, just before 11am when she was approached from behind by the thief.
He pulled her handbag with such force that she fell to the ground.
Due to her frail state, the woman says she remained on the ground for around five minutes before she was able to get back onto her feet and struggle home without her walking aid.
Her attacker also ran away from the scene with her bank card and talking book, which she uses because she has poor eyesight.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Islington’s CID are investigating and anyone with information should call Dc Paul Needley at Islington Police station on 0207 421 0366 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 4 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 5 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 6 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 7 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 8 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 9 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- 10 Designated Covid care setting celebrates intervention on insurance issues