Woman robbed of �200 in Upper Holloway
A frail 83-year-old woman was robbed of �200 savings and her walking stick on Monday, Feburary 27.
The victim was walking through an alleyway leading from Cromartie Road to Hazellville Road in Upper Holloway, just before 11am when she was approached from behind by the thief.
He pulled her handbag with such force that she fell to the ground.
Due to her frail state, the woman says she remained on the ground for around five minutes before she was able to get back onto her feet and struggle home without her walking aid.
Her attacker also ran away from the scene with her bank card and talking book, which she uses because she has poor eyesight.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Islington’s CID are investigating and anyone with information should call Dc Paul Needley at Islington Police station on 0207 421 0366 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 10 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking