Woman robbed of �200 in Upper Holloway
A frail 83-year-old woman was robbed of �200 savings and her walking stick on Monday, Feburary 27.
The victim was walking through an alleyway leading from Cromartie Road to Hazellville Road in Upper Holloway, just before 11am when she was approached from behind by the thief.
He pulled her handbag with such force that she fell to the ground.
Due to her frail state, the woman says she remained on the ground for around five minutes before she was able to get back onto her feet and struggle home without her walking aid.
Her attacker also ran away from the scene with her bank card and talking book, which she uses because she has poor eyesight.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Islington’s CID are investigating and anyone with information should call Dc Paul Needley at Islington Police station on 0207 421 0366 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder