Woman robbed of �200 in Upper Holloway
A frail 83-year-old woman was robbed of �200 savings and her walking stick on Monday, Feburary 27.
The victim was walking through an alleyway leading from Cromartie Road to Hazellville Road in Upper Holloway, just before 11am when she was approached from behind by the thief.
He pulled her handbag with such force that she fell to the ground.
Due to her frail state, the woman says she remained on the ground for around five minutes before she was able to get back onto her feet and struggle home without her walking aid.
Her attacker also ran away from the scene with her bank card and talking book, which she uses because she has poor eyesight.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Islington’s CID are investigating and anyone with information should call Dc Paul Needley at Islington Police station on 0207 421 0366 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 2 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 5 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 6 Crime plummeted in Islington during Covid pandemic, new figures reveal
- 7 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 8 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 9 David Dein: Former Arsenal chief shares top tips for success
- 10 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'