Woman sexually assaulted while asleep at Finsbury Park station
- Credit: Archant
A woman who fell asleep at Finsbury Park station on Sunday woke up to find a pervert kissing her.
British Transport Police this morning released an appeal to identify a suspect of the sexual assault.
The woman had got off a Piccadilly line train at about 5.10am. She realised she had got off at the wrong station, so she sat towards the front end of the platform as she waited for the next train.
She fell asleep and woke up to find a man kissing her. She pushed him away and the man boarded a Victoria Line northbound train.
The incident happened at about 5.13am.
You may also want to watch:
A British Transport Police spokesperson said: “Officers would now like to speak to this man in the CCTV image, who they believe may have information that could help with the investigation.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016 citing reference 97 of January 21.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 How much do you know about Islington?
- 3 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 4 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 5 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 6 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 7 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 8 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 9 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 10 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer