Woman who hid AK47 in Finsbury Park home jailed
- Credit: Archant
Sentence is warning to ‘wives, girlfriends and sisters’ assisting gunmen, say police.
A woman who hid an automatic assault rifle and multiple rounds of live ammunition in her family home has been jailed for six years.
A police search on 14 January revealed that Katrina Jordan, 35, of Woodberry Grove, Finsbury Park, had stashed the AK47 assault rifle in a holdall under her bed along with two magazines containing multiple rounds and shotgun cartridges in another bedroom in her family home.
She was subsequently arrested and charged with being in possession of a firearm.
DC Zoe Jelliman, from Trident said: “Katrina Jordan’s conviction and jail term should be a deterrent, not just to all those who are involved in gun crime but particularly women – wives, girlfriends and sisters – who are assisting the gunmen by storing and hiding deadly weapons.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who finds themselves in a position where they are approached to hold weapons to contact the police or Crimestoppers. Trident has years of experience in protecting witnesses and victims and there are measures that can be put in place to protect you and your family.”
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally