Woman who hid AK47 in Finsbury Park home jailed
- Credit: Archant
Sentence is warning to ‘wives, girlfriends and sisters’ assisting gunmen, say police.
A woman who hid an automatic assault rifle and multiple rounds of live ammunition in her family home has been jailed for six years.
A police search on 14 January revealed that Katrina Jordan, 35, of Woodberry Grove, Finsbury Park, had stashed the AK47 assault rifle in a holdall under her bed along with two magazines containing multiple rounds and shotgun cartridges in another bedroom in her family home.
She was subsequently arrested and charged with being in possession of a firearm.
DC Zoe Jelliman, from Trident said: “Katrina Jordan’s conviction and jail term should be a deterrent, not just to all those who are involved in gun crime but particularly women – wives, girlfriends and sisters – who are assisting the gunmen by storing and hiding deadly weapons.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who finds themselves in a position where they are approached to hold weapons to contact the police or Crimestoppers. Trident has years of experience in protecting witnesses and victims and there are measures that can be put in place to protect you and your family.”
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 6 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 Club Curling comes to Coal Drops Yard in King’s Cross
- 9 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London