Woman who hid AK47 in Finsbury Park home jailed
- Credit: Archant
Sentence is warning to ‘wives, girlfriends and sisters’ assisting gunmen, say police.
A woman who hid an automatic assault rifle and multiple rounds of live ammunition in her family home has been jailed for six years.
A police search on 14 January revealed that Katrina Jordan, 35, of Woodberry Grove, Finsbury Park, had stashed the AK47 assault rifle in a holdall under her bed along with two magazines containing multiple rounds and shotgun cartridges in another bedroom in her family home.
She was subsequently arrested and charged with being in possession of a firearm.
DC Zoe Jelliman, from Trident said: “Katrina Jordan’s conviction and jail term should be a deterrent, not just to all those who are involved in gun crime but particularly women – wives, girlfriends and sisters – who are assisting the gunmen by storing and hiding deadly weapons.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who finds themselves in a position where they are approached to hold weapons to contact the police or Crimestoppers. Trident has years of experience in protecting witnesses and victims and there are measures that can be put in place to protect you and your family.”
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 5 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington