Woman who hid AK47 in Finsbury Park home jailed
- Credit: Archant
Sentence is warning to ‘wives, girlfriends and sisters’ assisting gunmen, say police.
A woman who hid an automatic assault rifle and multiple rounds of live ammunition in her family home has been jailed for six years.
A police search on 14 January revealed that Katrina Jordan, 35, of Woodberry Grove, Finsbury Park, had stashed the AK47 assault rifle in a holdall under her bed along with two magazines containing multiple rounds and shotgun cartridges in another bedroom in her family home.
She was subsequently arrested and charged with being in possession of a firearm.
DC Zoe Jelliman, from Trident said: “Katrina Jordan’s conviction and jail term should be a deterrent, not just to all those who are involved in gun crime but particularly women – wives, girlfriends and sisters – who are assisting the gunmen by storing and hiding deadly weapons.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who finds themselves in a position where they are approached to hold weapons to contact the police or Crimestoppers. Trident has years of experience in protecting witnesses and victims and there are measures that can be put in place to protect you and your family.”
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 5 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 6 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 9 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
- 10 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale