X Factor star Sophie Habibis robbed in Tufnell Park
X Factor star Sophie Habibis was robbed for her iPhone on Tuesday – becoming the latest victim in a rising tide of smart phone thefts.
It is understood singer Sophie, 20, of Tufnell Park, was mugged by a thief on a bicycle who pushed her and grabbed her phone in Tufnell Park Road just before 7pm.
The Gazette reported last week that there were 126 iPhone thefts involving bike-riding muggers just last month, while the number of mobile phones stolen soared dramatically in the year to April, rising by 34 per cent to 3,140.
An Islington Police spokeswoman said: “We can confirm that at 6.53pm on December 13, a 20-year-old woman was walking along Tufnell Park Road when a suspect on a pedal cycle pushed her and snatched her iPhone.
“She did not sustain any injuries and investigations continue.”
Former Acland Burghley School pupil Sophie worked in the Whittington Stone pub in Highgate Hill, Archway, before shooting to fame on the back of some stunning vocal performances on the ITV star search.
Sophie, who was mentored by judge Kelly Rowland, was the seventh finalist to leave the talent show.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 4 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 5 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 6 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 7 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 8 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 9 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
- 10 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
She returned to the show on Sunday for the final –which saw girl group Little Mix take the crown – after topping the charts along with her fellow contestants last week, with the charity single Wishing on a Star.