X Factor star Sophie Habibis robbed in Tufnell Park
X Factor star Sophie Habibis was robbed for her iPhone on Tuesday – becoming the latest victim in a rising tide of smart phone thefts.
It is understood singer Sophie, 20, of Tufnell Park, was mugged by a thief on a bicycle who pushed her and grabbed her phone in Tufnell Park Road just before 7pm.
The Gazette reported last week that there were 126 iPhone thefts involving bike-riding muggers just last month, while the number of mobile phones stolen soared dramatically in the year to April, rising by 34 per cent to 3,140.
An Islington Police spokeswoman said: “We can confirm that at 6.53pm on December 13, a 20-year-old woman was walking along Tufnell Park Road when a suspect on a pedal cycle pushed her and snatched her iPhone.
“She did not sustain any injuries and investigations continue.”
You may also want to watch:
Former Acland Burghley School pupil Sophie worked in the Whittington Stone pub in Highgate Hill, Archway, before shooting to fame on the back of some stunning vocal performances on the ITV star search.
Sophie, who was mentored by judge Kelly Rowland, was the seventh finalist to leave the talent show.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 7 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 8 Chamber music and arts festival scheduled for Islington this summer
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
She returned to the show on Sunday for the final –which saw girl group Little Mix take the crown – after topping the charts along with her fellow contestants last week, with the charity single Wishing on a Star.