Young woman murdered in Clerkenwell
- Credit: Andre Langlois
- UPDATE (20/3/22) – Clerkenwell murder victim named as police search for man she was seeing
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a young woman in Clerkenwell.
Police were called at approximately 5.10am this morning (March 19) to reports of a woman injured at Arbour House student accommodation in Sebastian Street.
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and found the woman – believed aged 19 – suffering serious injuries.
Despite the best efforts of the emergency services she was pronounced dead at the scene, Scotland Yard said.
Enquiries are under way to identify and inform her next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
- 1 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
- 2 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 3 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 4 Landlord who did not provide kitchen for tenant fined £40,000
- 5 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 6 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 7 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 8 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
- 9 'Extremely distressing': Council leader's shock after Highbury Fields stabbing
- 10 'The 214 to Provence: Where catching a London bus can take you'
There have been no arrests and enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.
A police presence remains at the scene.
The Met’s murder squad are leading the investigation.
An eye witness said there was activity around Arbour House, a Unite student accommodation building in Sebastian Street with forensic as well as police officers present.
A Unite Students spokesperson said: "As this remains an on-going police incident, we are unable to comment on their investigation.
“Our priority at this time is the safety and wellbeing of students at Arbour House. We are working closely with the police and City, University of London.”
A City, University of London spokesperson said: “As this is an ongoing police incident, we are unable to comment on their investigation.
“As a University, we will do everything we can to support our students and staff and we will continue to fully support the police with their investigation.
"We are working closely with Unite Students who own and operate Arbour House”.
Goswell Road at the junction with Percival Street and Sebastian Street is cordoned off.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8358 1010.
Alternatively, call 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD1252/19March.
You can also provide information anonymously through the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
More to follow.
Contact the newsroom at firstname.lastname@example.org