Youngsters armed with machetes stop Holloway Road traffic in suspected gang fight
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters armed with machetes brought traffic to a standstill in the Holloway Road at rush hour on Friday evening.
Witnesses saw at least two people wielding knives as they chased a boy in what was a suspected gang fight.
Police were called at 6.25pm to the scene, near the entrance of the Nag's Head Shopping Centre, but all involved had cycled or ran off.
One terrified witness told the Gazette: "There were youths there on bikes and then suddenly more turned up. They dropped the bikes in the road and one boy threw a wooden crate at another. They stopped all the traffic.
"Another boy was chasing them - I thought he had a stick but it was a machete.
You may also want to watch:
"He was chasing another boy on his bike - he had his face covered. He jumped off the bike and ran off. Then another boy with another knife turned up.
"One of them was just blatantly holding a knife without his face covered.
- 1 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
- 4 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Covid and NHS, LTNs and trees versus housing
- 10 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
"One boy was hiding in a shop and stopping them trying to get in. And then they all just disappeared, it happened really quickly."
Scotland Yard said police found no signs of anyone injured. No arrests have been made.