Cyclist dies after collision with parked car in Newington Green
A CYCLIST was killed in a collision with a parked car during the early hours of Good Friday morning.
The 40-year-old died in hospital at around 2.30am after crashing into a blue Ford Focus Zetec near the junction of Mildmay Grove North and Wolsey Road, Newington Green.
Flowers have been laid at the scene and a tribute reads: “Dear Gav, miss you and your rubbish jokes already. Rest in peace mate.”
Rayner Spillisey, who is organising a street party for the Royal Wedding on Wolsey Road, said: “A lot of people have said how terrible it is and people are upset about it.
“He didn’t live on the street, and I am not sure any of the residents knew him, so we won’t let it affect us or ruin the day.”
You may also want to watch:
The road death investigation unit are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to call 0208 998 5319.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 5 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections