Cyclist dies after collision with parked car in Newington Green
A CYCLIST was killed in a collision with a parked car during the early hours of Good Friday morning.
The 40-year-old died in hospital at around 2.30am after crashing into a blue Ford Focus Zetec near the junction of Mildmay Grove North and Wolsey Road, Newington Green.
Flowers have been laid at the scene and a tribute reads: “Dear Gav, miss you and your rubbish jokes already. Rest in peace mate.”
Rayner Spillisey, who is organising a street party for the Royal Wedding on Wolsey Road, said: “A lot of people have said how terrible it is and people are upset about it.
“He didn’t live on the street, and I am not sure any of the residents knew him, so we won’t let it affect us or ruin the day.”
The road death investigation unit are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to call 0208 998 5319.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 3 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 4 Meating climate commitments: are butchers on their way out?
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 7 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 8 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 9 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 10 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week