Cyclist dies after collision with parked car in Newington Green
A CYCLIST was killed in a collision with a parked car during the early hours of Good Friday morning.
The 40-year-old died in hospital at around 2.30am after crashing into a blue Ford Focus Zetec near the junction of Mildmay Grove North and Wolsey Road, Newington Green.
Flowers have been laid at the scene and a tribute reads: “Dear Gav, miss you and your rubbish jokes already. Rest in peace mate.”
Rayner Spillisey, who is organising a street party for the Royal Wedding on Wolsey Road, said: “A lot of people have said how terrible it is and people are upset about it.
“He didn’t live on the street, and I am not sure any of the residents knew him, so we won’t let it affect us or ruin the day.”
You may also want to watch:
The road death investigation unit are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to call 0208 998 5319.
- 1 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?