Cyclist dies in Holloway collision
A cyclist died on Saturday (August 6) after a collision with bus in Holloway.
The 25-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene following the collision with a number 153 bus near the junction of Holloway Road and Jackson Road at around 1pm.
The victim reportedly hit the open door of a car – an Audi – immediately before the accident.
The 31-year-old driver of the car has been arrested and bailed until December 6.
The cyclist’s next of kin have been informed, but he has not been formally identified.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem is due to take place today (Monday).
The Road Death Investigation Unit are keen for any witnesses, including passengers on the 153 bus, to contact them on 020 8998 5319.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 8 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder