Cyclist dies in Holloway collision
A cyclist died on Saturday (August 6) after a collision with bus in Holloway.
The 25-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene following the collision with a number 153 bus near the junction of Holloway Road and Jackson Road at around 1pm.
The victim reportedly hit the open door of a car – an Audi – immediately before the accident.
The 31-year-old driver of the car has been arrested and bailed until December 6.
The cyclist’s next of kin have been informed, but he has not been formally identified.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem is due to take place today (Monday).
The Road Death Investigation Unit are keen for any witnesses, including passengers on the 153 bus, to contact them on 020 8998 5319.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 9 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern