Cyclist dies in Holloway collision: driver arrested
A CYCLIST died this morning following a rush hour collision with a car.
The 64-year-old, who has not yet been named by police, was fatally injured at the junction of Carleton Road and Pleshey Road, Holloway, at 8.05am.
Paramedics rushed to the scene and carried out CPR on the cyclist before he was taken to the Whittington Hospital, but he was pronounced dead shortly afterward arrival.
He is believed to from the Woodford area of east London.
The 34-year-old driver of the car - a grey Peugeot - was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He remains in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Road closures were put in place in Carleton Road and Pleshey Road.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital