Old Street roundabout lorry crash leaves cyclist fighting for her life
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist in her 30s is fighting for her life after a collision with a cement mixer at Old Street roundabout this afternoon.
Police, paramedics and firefighters were called to the scene of the crash at 3.30pm.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “The female cyclist, aged in her 30s, has been taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
“Enquiries are underway to inform her next-of-kin.”
Old Street roundabout, where City Road meets Old Street, is taped off while police investigate.
You may also want to watch:
No one has been arrested.
It comes a fortnight after cyclist Soren Aarlev died in hospital following a collision with a car in Goswell Road.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
Mr Aarlev, of Haggerston, was the third cyclist to die on Islington’s streets in a year.
Did you see what happened? Call the news desk on 020 7433 0121.