Old Street roundabout lorry crash leaves cyclist fighting for her life
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist in her 30s is fighting for her life after a collision with a cement mixer at Old Street roundabout this afternoon.
Police, paramedics and firefighters were called to the scene of the crash at 3.30pm.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “The female cyclist, aged in her 30s, has been taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
“Enquiries are underway to inform her next-of-kin.”
Old Street roundabout, where City Road meets Old Street, is taped off while police investigate.
You may also want to watch:
No one has been arrested.
It comes a fortnight after cyclist Soren Aarlev died in hospital following a collision with a car in Goswell Road.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 3 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 4 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 5 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Teyah Goldie, 16, makes Arsenal squad for north London derby
- 8 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 9 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 10 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
Mr Aarlev, of Haggerston, was the third cyclist to die on Islington’s streets in a year.
Did you see what happened? Call the news desk on 020 7433 0121.