Old Street roundabout lorry crash leaves cyclist fighting for her life
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist in her 30s is fighting for her life after a collision with a cement mixer at Old Street roundabout this afternoon.
Police, paramedics and firefighters were called to the scene of the crash at 3.30pm.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “The female cyclist, aged in her 30s, has been taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
“Enquiries are underway to inform her next-of-kin.”
Old Street roundabout, where City Road meets Old Street, is taped off while police investigate.
You may also want to watch:
No one has been arrested.
It comes a fortnight after cyclist Soren Aarlev died in hospital following a collision with a car in Goswell Road.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 6 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 7 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 10 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
Mr Aarlev, of Haggerston, was the third cyclist to die on Islington’s streets in a year.
Did you see what happened? Call the news desk on 020 7433 0121.