St John Street crash: Cyclist in critical condition after crash in Clerkenwell
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist is critically injured after a crash in Clerkenwell this morning.
Police were called to St John Street just after 11.30am following the collision involving the cyclist, a black cab and a parked car.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “The female cyclist was taken to an east London hospital in a critical condition – her next of kin have been made aware.
“Road closures remain in place. Enquiries continue.”
It is the third serious crash involving a cyclist in the south of the borough in two months.
You may also want to watch:
In July, after Soren Aarlev, of Haggerston, died after he was hit by a car while cycling in Goswell Road.
Later that month, Sarah Doone was run over by a cement truck while riding a bike at the Old Street roundabout. She had to have a leg amputated and a crowdfunder set up by friends to help cover her living costs while she is unable to work has so far hit £34,810.
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette on 020 7433 0121 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 Arsenal Women player of the season award nominations