St John Street crash: Cyclist in critical condition after crash in Clerkenwell
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist is critically injured after a crash in Clerkenwell this morning.
Police were called to St John Street just after 11.30am following the collision involving the cyclist, a black cab and a parked car.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “The female cyclist was taken to an east London hospital in a critical condition – her next of kin have been made aware.
“Road closures remain in place. Enquiries continue.”
It is the third serious crash involving a cyclist in the south of the borough in two months.
You may also want to watch:
In July, after Soren Aarlev, of Haggerston, died after he was hit by a car while cycling in Goswell Road.
Later that month, Sarah Doone was run over by a cement truck while riding a bike at the Old Street roundabout. She had to have a leg amputated and a crowdfunder set up by friends to help cover her living costs while she is unable to work has so far hit £34,810.
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette on 020 7433 0121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator