Cyclist injured in collision in City Road
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information and witnesses following a collision between a car and a cyclist in Shoreditch.
A cyclist is critically injured in hospital following a collision with a car in City Road on Sunday evening.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 7.09pm on Sunday October 18 to reports of the collision.
Officers and paramedics found a 52-year-old man with multiple injuries. He was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
A vehicle stopped at the scene and the driver is currently assisting detectives with their inquiry. The circumstances of the collision have not yet been determined.
You may also want to watch:
The area in and around City Road would have been very busy at the time and police are urging other road users and pedestrians who may have witnessed the collision or the lead up to the incident to get in contact.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
Local road closures were in place on Sunday.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0208 246 9820 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.