Cyclist injured in collision in City Road
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information and witnesses following a collision between a car and a cyclist in Shoreditch.
A cyclist is critically injured in hospital following a collision with a car in City Road on Sunday evening.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 7.09pm on Sunday October 18 to reports of the collision.
Officers and paramedics found a 52-year-old man with multiple injuries. He was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
A vehicle stopped at the scene and the driver is currently assisting detectives with their inquiry. The circumstances of the collision have not yet been determined.
The area in and around City Road would have been very busy at the time and police are urging other road users and pedestrians who may have witnessed the collision or the lead up to the incident to get in contact.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 2 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 3 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
- 6 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 7 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 8 Arteta's Arsenal plan coming together nicely
- 9 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 10 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
Local road closures were in place on Sunday.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0208 246 9820 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.