Cyclist injured in collision in City Road
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information and witnesses following a collision between a car and a cyclist in Shoreditch.
A cyclist is critically injured in hospital following a collision with a car in City Road on Sunday evening.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 7.09pm on Sunday October 18 to reports of the collision.
Officers and paramedics found a 52-year-old man with multiple injuries. He was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
A vehicle stopped at the scene and the driver is currently assisting detectives with their inquiry. The circumstances of the collision have not yet been determined.
You may also want to watch:
The area in and around City Road would have been very busy at the time and police are urging other road users and pedestrians who may have witnessed the collision or the lead up to the incident to get in contact.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 3 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
Local road closures were in place on Sunday.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0208 246 9820 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.