Cyclist injured in collision in City Road
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information and witnesses following a collision between a car and a cyclist in Shoreditch.
A cyclist is critically injured in hospital following a collision with a car in City Road on Sunday evening.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 7.09pm on Sunday October 18 to reports of the collision.
Officers and paramedics found a 52-year-old man with multiple injuries. He was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
A vehicle stopped at the scene and the driver is currently assisting detectives with their inquiry. The circumstances of the collision have not yet been determined.
You may also want to watch:
The area in and around City Road would have been very busy at the time and police are urging other road users and pedestrians who may have witnessed the collision or the lead up to the incident to get in contact.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 3 How much do you know about Islington?
- 4 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer
- 8 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 9 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 10 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
Local road closures were in place on Sunday.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0208 246 9820 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.