Cyclist suffers ‘life changing’ injuries in van crash outside Pentonville Prison
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist is in hospital with ‘life changing’ injuries after a collision with a van in Holloway this morning.
The man, in his 30s, is thought to have been travelling north up Caledonian Road when he was involved in the crash with the UPS delivery van shortly before 9.30am
He was treated at the scene by a doctor and a paramedic from London Air Ambulance before being taken to the Royal London Hospital.
Police were called to the scene by London Ambulance Service at 9.29am.
The driver of the van stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Met’s road and transport policing command are investigating.
Caledonian Road remains closed to traffic outside Pentonville Prison and several bus routes have been diverted.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 How much do you know about Islington?
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 6 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 7 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 8 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 9 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 10 'Eidevall has turned Arsenal from believers into contenders'