Cyclist suffers ‘life changing’ injuries in van crash outside Pentonville Prison
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist is in hospital with ‘life changing’ injuries after a collision with a van in Holloway this morning.
The man, in his 30s, is thought to have been travelling north up Caledonian Road when he was involved in the crash with the UPS delivery van shortly before 9.30am
He was treated at the scene by a doctor and a paramedic from London Air Ambulance before being taken to the Royal London Hospital.
Police were called to the scene by London Ambulance Service at 9.29am.
The driver of the van stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Met’s road and transport policing command are investigating.
Caledonian Road remains closed to traffic outside Pentonville Prison and several bus routes have been diverted.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 4 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 7 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 8 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 9 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 10 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair