Cyclist suffers ‘life changing’ injuries in van crash outside Pentonville Prison
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist is in hospital with ‘life changing’ injuries after a collision with a van in Holloway this morning.
The man, in his 30s, is thought to have been travelling north up Caledonian Road when he was involved in the crash with the UPS delivery van shortly before 9.30am
He was treated at the scene by a doctor and a paramedic from London Air Ambulance before being taken to the Royal London Hospital.
Police were called to the scene by London Ambulance Service at 9.29am.
The driver of the van stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Met’s road and transport policing command are investigating.
Caledonian Road remains closed to traffic outside Pentonville Prison and several bus routes have been diverted.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years