Cyclist who died in Goswell Road crash named as Soren Aarlev of Haggerston
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist who died after a crash in Goswell Road has been named as Soren Aarlev, 38, of Haggerston.
Police were called to the junction with Percival Street at 12.20am on Friday July 6 after the collision between Mr Aarlev’s bike and a car.
He was taken to hospital where he died days later.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and has not been arrested.
Police are still investigating what happened and have asked anyone with information to contact the serious collision investigations unit on 020 8991 9555, quoting CAD 97/6Jul.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are particularly keen to hear from anyone who saw the collision take place or has moving footage.
The tragic incident has led to calls for the junction to be made safer.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 3 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 4 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 5 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 6 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 7 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 8 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
Islington’s transport chief Cllr Claudia Webbe said: “I am writing to the mayor of London to urgently request funding that will allow us to look at options for how best to improve this junction, making it safer for all road users.”