Cyclist who died in Goswell Road crash named as Soren Aarlev of Haggerston
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist who died after a crash in Goswell Road has been named as Soren Aarlev, 38, of Haggerston.
Police were called to the junction with Percival Street at 12.20am on Friday July 6 after the collision between Mr Aarlev’s bike and a car.
He was taken to hospital where he died days later.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and has not been arrested.
Police are still investigating what happened and have asked anyone with information to contact the serious collision investigations unit on 020 8991 9555, quoting CAD 97/6Jul.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are particularly keen to hear from anyone who saw the collision take place or has moving footage.
The tragic incident has led to calls for the junction to be made safer.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
Islington’s transport chief Cllr Claudia Webbe said: “I am writing to the mayor of London to urgently request funding that will allow us to look at options for how best to improve this junction, making it safer for all road users.”