Cyclist who died in Goswell Road crash named as Soren Aarlev of Haggerston
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist who died after a crash in Goswell Road has been named as Soren Aarlev, 38, of Haggerston.
Police were called to the junction with Percival Street at 12.20am on Friday July 6 after the collision between Mr Aarlev’s bike and a car.
He was taken to hospital where he died days later.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and has not been arrested.
Police are still investigating what happened and have asked anyone with information to contact the serious collision investigations unit on 020 8991 9555, quoting CAD 97/6Jul.
Officers are particularly keen to hear from anyone who saw the collision take place or has moving footage.
The tragic incident has led to calls for the junction to be made safer.
- 1 Islington pub Alpaca wins lockdown service award
- 2 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 5 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 6 Scandinavian primary school moves to bigger premises in Highbury
- 7 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 8 Let's Talk: Campaign launched to tackle Islington inequality
- 9 Shops encouraged to become 'safe havens' to make Islington safer for women
- 10 Hundreds enjoy Jewish festival of lights in Islington
Islington’s transport chief Cllr Claudia Webbe said: “I am writing to the mayor of London to urgently request funding that will allow us to look at options for how best to improve this junction, making it safer for all road users.”