Dance review: Ballet Revoluci�n at the Peacock Theatre
Cuban troupe dances to hits from Beyonce, Shakira and Ricky Martin in dazzling show
Cuban dance has always been popular in London and this new, spectacular event at the Peacock Theatre does not disappoint.
An explosive production of ballet, contemporary and hip hop fusion, the show is full of the fire of Cuban dance tradition.
Choreographers Aaron Cash and Roclan Gonzalez Chavez have put together a feast of virtuoso dance which mixes dance styles of all kinds to a live soundtrack of great hits.
There is something for everybody here in a show that combines numerous genres – not just ballet. The styles range from classical ballet to salsa and from samba to martial arts.
You may also want to watch:
The the fantastic band give us renditions of hits from Shakira, Ricky Martin and Beyonce, as well as well known acid jazz numbers from icons such as Roy Ayers, but there’s a distinctive Cuban tinge to their take on the contemporary hits.
The choreography may not be innovative and varied enough for ballet aficionados, but it’s a real crowd pleaser.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
At opening night you could really feel the passion and enjoyment from the dancers, especially on the jazz numbers.
A dazzling, highly enjoyable show – this will make you want to get out there and dance yourself!
* Ballet Revoluci�n is at the Peacock Theatre in Portugal Street, WC2, until May 19.