Dance review: Ballet Revoluci�n at the Peacock Theatre
Cuban troupe dances to hits from Beyonce, Shakira and Ricky Martin in dazzling show
Cuban dance has always been popular in London and this new, spectacular event at the Peacock Theatre does not disappoint.
An explosive production of ballet, contemporary and hip hop fusion, the show is full of the fire of Cuban dance tradition.
Choreographers Aaron Cash and Roclan Gonzalez Chavez have put together a feast of virtuoso dance which mixes dance styles of all kinds to a live soundtrack of great hits.
There is something for everybody here in a show that combines numerous genres – not just ballet. The styles range from classical ballet to salsa and from samba to martial arts.
You may also want to watch:
The the fantastic band give us renditions of hits from Shakira, Ricky Martin and Beyonce, as well as well known acid jazz numbers from icons such as Roy Ayers, but there’s a distinctive Cuban tinge to their take on the contemporary hits.
The choreography may not be innovative and varied enough for ballet aficionados, but it’s a real crowd pleaser.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 9 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 10 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
At opening night you could really feel the passion and enjoyment from the dancers, especially on the jazz numbers.
A dazzling, highly enjoyable show – this will make you want to get out there and dance yourself!
* Ballet Revoluci�n is at the Peacock Theatre in Portugal Street, WC2, until May 19.