Dartmouth Park murder: Victim named as Angela Best, 51
- Credit: Archant
A woman murdered in Dartmouth Park Hill on Thursday has been named as Angela Best, 51, of Tottenham.
Police and medics found her unresponsive after being called to the house at 7.35pm. She was pronounced dead 20 minutes later.
No one has been arrested, but a man who was taken to hospital is being treated as a suspect, Scotland Yard said. He is in his 60s and believed to be known to Ms Best. He is in a serious but stable condition and his injuries and not thought to be suspicious.
Murder detectives are continuing to investigate but are not looking for anyone else over the death.
A post-mortem was inconclusive and officers are waiting for further test results. Ms Best’s next of kin have been told.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information that might help the investigation is asked to call the incident room at Barking on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you know Angela? Please contact the Gazette to leave your tributes on 020 7433 0104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting