Dartmouth Park murder: Victim named as Angela Best, 51
- Credit: Archant
A woman murdered in Dartmouth Park Hill on Thursday has been named as Angela Best, 51, of Tottenham.
Police and medics found her unresponsive after being called to the house at 7.35pm. She was pronounced dead 20 minutes later.
No one has been arrested, but a man who was taken to hospital is being treated as a suspect, Scotland Yard said. He is in his 60s and believed to be known to Ms Best. He is in a serious but stable condition and his injuries and not thought to be suspicious.
Murder detectives are continuing to investigate but are not looking for anyone else over the death.
A post-mortem was inconclusive and officers are waiting for further test results. Ms Best’s next of kin have been told.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information that might help the investigation is asked to call the incident room at Barking on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you know Angela? Please contact the Gazette to leave your tributes on 020 7433 0104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education