Dartmouth Park murder: Victim named as Angela Best, 51
- Credit: Archant
A woman murdered in Dartmouth Park Hill on Thursday has been named as Angela Best, 51, of Tottenham.
Police and medics found her unresponsive after being called to the house at 7.35pm. She was pronounced dead 20 minutes later.
No one has been arrested, but a man who was taken to hospital is being treated as a suspect, Scotland Yard said. He is in his 60s and believed to be known to Ms Best. He is in a serious but stable condition and his injuries and not thought to be suspicious.
Murder detectives are continuing to investigate but are not looking for anyone else over the death.
A post-mortem was inconclusive and officers are waiting for further test results. Ms Best’s next of kin have been told.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information that might help the investigation is asked to call the incident room at Barking on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you know Angela? Please contact the Gazette to leave your tributes on 020 7433 0104 or email email@example.com.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing