Day-long kids’ dance festival featuring Michael Rosen is the place to be for families this weekend
Children’s writer Michael Rosen will be one of the stars at an all-day dance festival for youngsters.
A whole host of shows and activities will be held for kids aged 11 and under at The Place dance studio in Euston on Saturday.
One of the highlights will see former Children’s Laureate Rosen recite his much-loved We’re Going on a Bear Hunt as dancer Joanne Moven helps to bring the magical story to life.
He shares the bill with a troupe of dancers aged just five to eight, The Place’s First Moves, who will show two new pieces.
Other youngsters who fancy themselves as budding movers and shakers will be able to take part in dance workshops with a live musical accompaniment – including classes for babies over three months and their parents.
You may also want to watch:
Plenty of performances from slightly more mature dancers are scheduled throughout the day, including choreographer Darren Ellis’s new work Long Walk Home and a first run-through of HUHU, a new piece by circus dance artist Ilona Jantti.
* Something Happening For Kids is at The Place, the Duke’s Road, WC1, on Saturday 21 July from 10am to 5pm. For more info and tickets visit www.theplace.org.uk or call 020 7121 1100.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe streets where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 9 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 10 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases