Day-long kids’ dance festival featuring Michael Rosen is the place to be for families this weekend
Children’s writer Michael Rosen will be one of the stars at an all-day dance festival for youngsters.
A whole host of shows and activities will be held for kids aged 11 and under at The Place dance studio in Euston on Saturday.
One of the highlights will see former Children’s Laureate Rosen recite his much-loved We’re Going on a Bear Hunt as dancer Joanne Moven helps to bring the magical story to life.
He shares the bill with a troupe of dancers aged just five to eight, The Place’s First Moves, who will show two new pieces.
Other youngsters who fancy themselves as budding movers and shakers will be able to take part in dance workshops with a live musical accompaniment – including classes for babies over three months and their parents.
You may also want to watch:
Plenty of performances from slightly more mature dancers are scheduled throughout the day, including choreographer Darren Ellis’s new work Long Walk Home and a first run-through of HUHU, a new piece by circus dance artist Ilona Jantti.
* Something Happening For Kids is at The Place, the Duke’s Road, WC1, on Saturday 21 July from 10am to 5pm. For more info and tickets visit www.theplace.org.uk or call 020 7121 1100.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant