Children’s author and newly ordained deacon Becca Rimmer joins Christ Church Highbury
- Credit: Leehairphotography
A children’s book author is one of 45 newly ordained deacons who is going on to work at Christ Church Highbury as a curate.
Becca Rimmer joins the Stepney area’s team of clergy who serve Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets through undertaking public worship, teaching and pastoral work, after being ordained from across the Diocese of London.
The office of deacon is often a step on the path towards priesthood and follows two to three years of training.
After about a year, a deacon is often ordained to the priesthood.
Becca said: “There are two ways of looking at a “Covid Curacy” - Either, ‘Poor me. Everything is going to be so difficult’, or ‘What an awesome opportunity to get creative, and dive right into the new things the Spirit of God is doing in this unique moment in history’.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t actually think of a better time to get ordained and play my part in God’s amazing plan for Highbury, London and the UK.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 6 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 Islington dog stars in film that will be shown at London Film Festival
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London