Children’s author and newly ordained deacon Becca Rimmer joins Christ Church Highbury
- Credit: Leehairphotography
A children’s book author is one of 45 newly ordained deacons who is going on to work at Christ Church Highbury as a curate.
Becca Rimmer joins the Stepney area’s team of clergy who serve Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets through undertaking public worship, teaching and pastoral work, after being ordained from across the Diocese of London.
The office of deacon is often a step on the path towards priesthood and follows two to three years of training.
After about a year, a deacon is often ordained to the priesthood.
Becca said: “There are two ways of looking at a “Covid Curacy” - Either, ‘Poor me. Everything is going to be so difficult’, or ‘What an awesome opportunity to get creative, and dive right into the new things the Spirit of God is doing in this unique moment in history’.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t actually think of a better time to get ordained and play my part in God’s amazing plan for Highbury, London and the UK.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting