Delivery driver rushed to hospital after Holloway accident
A PIZZA delivery driver had to be rushed to hospital last night after he was knocked off his motorbike.
The man, who works for the Firezza chain, was in collision with a car in Market Road, Holloway, at 8.15pm last night.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and passes-by gathered round to help as the victim lay in the middle of the road.
Tom Smith, who lives on the nearby York Way Estate, off Market Road, and was cycling past just moments after the accident, said: “It was horrible. The poor guy was holding his leg but at least he was moving and people had got out of cars and come from the nearby bus stop to help.
“It wasn’t clear what had happened but it was wet and dark and that probably had something to do with the accident.”
You may also want to watch:
The delivery driver was taken by ambulance to the Whittington Hospital in Archway for treatment to his leg.
An ambulance spokeswoman said: “We were called at just after 8.15pm on Tuesday to reports of a road traffic collision involving a motorbike and a vehicle.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
“We sent a single response car and an ambulance crew. Our staff treated one patient - a man in his 20s.
“He was taken to the Whittington Hospital with a leg injury.”