Delivery driver rushed to hospital after Holloway accident
A PIZZA delivery driver had to be rushed to hospital last night after he was knocked off his motorbike.
The man, who works for the Firezza chain, was in collision with a car in Market Road, Holloway, at 8.15pm last night.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and passes-by gathered round to help as the victim lay in the middle of the road.
Tom Smith, who lives on the nearby York Way Estate, off Market Road, and was cycling past just moments after the accident, said: “It was horrible. The poor guy was holding his leg but at least he was moving and people had got out of cars and come from the nearby bus stop to help.
“It wasn’t clear what had happened but it was wet and dark and that probably had something to do with the accident.”
You may also want to watch:
The delivery driver was taken by ambulance to the Whittington Hospital in Archway for treatment to his leg.
An ambulance spokeswoman said: “We were called at just after 8.15pm on Tuesday to reports of a road traffic collision involving a motorbike and a vehicle.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
“We sent a single response car and an ambulance crew. Our staff treated one patient - a man in his 20s.
“He was taken to the Whittington Hospital with a leg injury.”