Delivery driver rushed to hospital after Holloway accident
A PIZZA delivery driver had to be rushed to hospital last night after he was knocked off his motorbike.
The man, who works for the Firezza chain, was in collision with a car in Market Road, Holloway, at 8.15pm last night.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and passes-by gathered round to help as the victim lay in the middle of the road.
Tom Smith, who lives on the nearby York Way Estate, off Market Road, and was cycling past just moments after the accident, said: “It was horrible. The poor guy was holding his leg but at least he was moving and people had got out of cars and come from the nearby bus stop to help.
“It wasn’t clear what had happened but it was wet and dark and that probably had something to do with the accident.”
The delivery driver was taken by ambulance to the Whittington Hospital in Archway for treatment to his leg.
An ambulance spokeswoman said: “We were called at just after 8.15pm on Tuesday to reports of a road traffic collision involving a motorbike and a vehicle.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 3 Arsenal begin pre-season in strong position
- 4 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 5 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 6 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 7 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 8 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 9 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
“We sent a single response car and an ambulance crew. Our staff treated one patient - a man in his 20s.
“He was taken to the Whittington Hospital with a leg injury.”