Arsenal loanee Denis Suarez out for rest of the season with groin injury
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal loanee Denis Suarez has confirmed that he will not play for the club again this season because of an ongoing groin injury.
The Spanish midfielder, 25, signed on loan from Barcelona in January, but has made little impact at the Emirates, making six substitute appearances across all competitions and playing just 95 minutes.
He last featured for Unai Emery’s side as an 80th minute substitute in the 2-0 win against Manchester United on March 10.
In a statement on Twitter, Suarez wrote: “I will not be able to play again this season.
“Some issues with my groin have made things tough since the game against BATE in the Europa League in February and now they have forced me to stop training altogether.
You may also want to watch:
“I am sorry for all the effort and sacrifice made to come to Arsenal hasn’t come to fruition as hoped and you can’t even imagine how angry I am about it, but health comes first.”
Arsenal have an option to purchase Suarez in the summer, but after his failed loan spell, it appears unlikely that this will be taken up.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator