Arsenal loanee Denis Suarez out for rest of the season with groin injury
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal loanee Denis Suarez has confirmed that he will not play for the club again this season because of an ongoing groin injury.
The Spanish midfielder, 25, signed on loan from Barcelona in January, but has made little impact at the Emirates, making six substitute appearances across all competitions and playing just 95 minutes.
He last featured for Unai Emery’s side as an 80th minute substitute in the 2-0 win against Manchester United on March 10.
In a statement on Twitter, Suarez wrote: “I will not be able to play again this season.
“Some issues with my groin have made things tough since the game against BATE in the Europa League in February and now they have forced me to stop training altogether.
You may also want to watch:
“I am sorry for all the effort and sacrifice made to come to Arsenal hasn’t come to fruition as hoped and you can’t even imagine how angry I am about it, but health comes first.”
Arsenal have an option to purchase Suarez in the summer, but after his failed loan spell, it appears unlikely that this will be taken up.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 Arsenal Women player of the season award nominations