Digital beauty concierge Ruuby launch first pop up salon in Old Street station
- Credit: Archant
Set up by Forbes 30 under 30 entrepreneur Venetia Archer, the service usually exists as an app to make the process of booking an appointment with salons, spas or beauty therapists easier and quicker
Old Street is the place to be for pop ups now, with the amount of footfall the station gets especially on the weekend.
Digital beauty concierge Ruuby has stepped off the screen and into real actual life to give passersby a makeover.
Set up by Forbes 30 under 30 entrepreneur Venetia Archer, the service usually exists as an app to make the process of booking an appointment with salons, spas or beauty therapists easier and quicker.
It makes sense then that their first ever physical store is giving a quick fix to customers.
You may also want to watch:
I wander in to get my hair done and feel like I’ve stepped into an IRL version of The Internet - the walls are covered with dreamy filtered Instagram snaps and the floors plastered with that emoji I use when indicating how sassy I am.
Being in an underground station on the coldest day of the year, it’s a bit chilly, but they put a fan heater by my feet and give me a cup of tea so soon enough I’m pretty toasty.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
25 year old Ann Marie from Tottenham is my hair stylist. She gives me her Instagram to look through to pick what I want and I choose a low curly updo - I’m going to the theatre tonight.
Ann Marie is lovely and chatty and tells me about her work as a blowdry and wedding hair specialist. She works freelance normally and is building up a portfolio of clients at the moment.
She’s one of those people I’m in awe of, having acquired her aptitude for hair by practicing. (It takes me a dozen attempts to do a french plait before I give up and revert back to ponytail.)
I have a lot of hair so, for me, there’s not so much quick in my fix but I emerge with a hairstyle I’d imagine wearing to the Oscars, so I’m happy.
Nail and brow treatments are also available.
Pop into the shop until Saturday for a fix up, or download the Ruuby app to book quick appointments around London. ruuby.com
You can contact Ann Marie directly on 07903601825 for a quote or find her on Instagram, @ann_marie_25.