‘Disappointment’ over plans for 13-metre mast overlooking Highbury Fields
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a 13-metre phone mast overlooking Highbury Fields have been submitted.
Vodafone has put in proposals to plonk the antenna on top of council-owned Fieldview Court in Highbury Grove.
Ruth Williamson, who owns a flat there, said: “There was no discussion about whether or not we wanted the antenna – we just got a letter through our doors saying it’s happening.”
Ruth also worries the antenna will be an “eyesore” that “will ruin the beautiful views within the park”.
The plans fall within a council conservation area, aimed at preserving its “specific character”. Ruth is “disappointed” conservation isn’t more stringently enforced. She also worries about the effect of the electromagnetic radiation on her 12-week-old baby and kids in the play park nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Islington Council said it didn’t comment on active planning applications, but that applications attracting lots of responses may be heard at a public meeting.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant