Doctor denies sex assault on female patient in Islington surgery
- Credit: Archant
GP had ‘lost his self control’
A doctor ‘lost his self control’ and fondled a young and seriously ill woman’s genitals when she came in for an examination, a court heard.
The terrified victim – who suffers from a degenerative brain disease and walks with a crutch – claimed GP Adel Elalfy rubbed her clitoris and vaginal area when she visited a surgery in Bingfield Street, Islington, with a suspected bladder infection.
With her normal doctor off duty she said Elalfy, a locum doctor from Stafford, pulled down her leggings and underwear and sexually assaulted her twice, before asking a series of personal questions and sending her home untreated, she told Blackfriars Crown Court.
The 36-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said: “He pulled my leggings and underwear down just above the pubic bone and started to feel my tummy.
You may also want to watch:
“He put his hand in my underwear and moved about on my clitoral area and, you know, the vaginal area.
“There was pressure and circular movements. I was shocked.”
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 4 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 7 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 8 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 9 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 10 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
She says she pulled away and told him where the pain was “thinking he must have misunderstood” but when he did the same again with “maybe a bit more pressure” she thought “this is not a mistake, he knows what he is doing and it isn’t right”.
Elalfy then alledgedly asked her a series of personal questions, including if she had a partner and whether she lived alone.
She said: “It was really weird, I was in total shock. I just wanted to get out of there but I was so ill.’’
When she left, she claims, the doctor couldn’t look her in the eye. She met her partner in the waiting room and said “I think I’ve been molested”.
Opening the prosection, Sam Brown said the alleged assault took place while the doctor was not wearing medical gloves.
He said: “The defendant touched her in an intimate manner and placed his hands on her clitoris and his fingers inside the lip of her vagina on two occasions.”
“This was committed by a person in whom this young woman who have had trust and confidence, in a location where she would and should have expected to feel safe.”
He added: “It seems for reasons of his own this defendant lost his self control and sexually assaulted a person who he thought might not have fully appreciated what had happened to her or done anything about it.
Elalfy, of Baswich Lane, Stafford, denies all charges.
The trial continues.