Doctors’ Orchestra to perform at Cadogan Hall in aid of Finsbury Park charity supporting torture survivors
- Credit: Archant
World class musicians will perform at Cadogan Hall to raise money for a Finsbury Park charity supporting torture survivors.
Surgeon and musician Stephen Brearley will conduct the Doctors’ Orchestra for the 10th time to raise money for Freedom From Torture in Isledon Road.
The event on March 11 will see 75 doctors perform on the bill alongside Max Calver, a finalist from the BBC Young Musician Competition and Tianyou Ma, a winner of the 2018 Menuhin Competition in Geneva .
The charity provides care and support to hundreds of survivors. CEO Sonya Sceats said: “The survivors are dealing with trauma and huge loss of loved ones, of culture and a sense of themselves - music therapy is an important part of expressing that.
“The evening always reminds us how music transcends the doctor and patient relationship, and allows us to connect on a human level.”
You may also want to watch:
Buy tickets at cadoganhall.com.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing