Doctors’ Orchestra to perform at Cadogan Hall in aid of Finsbury Park charity supporting torture survivors
- Credit: Archant
World class musicians will perform at Cadogan Hall to raise money for a Finsbury Park charity supporting torture survivors.
Surgeon and musician Stephen Brearley will conduct the Doctors’ Orchestra for the 10th time to raise money for Freedom From Torture in Isledon Road.
The event on March 11 will see 75 doctors perform on the bill alongside Max Calver, a finalist from the BBC Young Musician Competition and Tianyou Ma, a winner of the 2018 Menuhin Competition in Geneva .
The charity provides care and support to hundreds of survivors. CEO Sonya Sceats said: “The survivors are dealing with trauma and huge loss of loved ones, of culture and a sense of themselves - music therapy is an important part of expressing that.
“The evening always reminds us how music transcends the doctor and patient relationship, and allows us to connect on a human level.”
You may also want to watch:
Buy tickets at cadoganhall.com.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey