Does finger research mean I’m gay?
My girlfriend has done some research into the length of fingers, and she says I’m not a real man because my third (ring) finger is longer than my first (index) finger, and that means I’m a closet gay.
She says that in real men the index finger is always longer than the ring finger and that everything proves that.
I think she’s just jealous because I’m a successful fashion student, and she isn’t. So I must be gay, eh? I’m not.
Barbara says: I hope you’re no longer together? If you’re still seeing her, get out. It’s professional jealousy.
Yes, there is some evidence that index finger to ring finger (2D: 4D as they call it) may be an item in how much testosterone (male hormone) you got in the womb. Is it important? Check it out on Google.
You may also want to watch:
In my own case, the size of both fingers is equal, as, I suspect, it is for most of us. Or maybe not. But does it matter?
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London