Dogs hoping for glory at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium
AN ISLINGTON charity concerned with the welfare of our canine comrades has been shortlisted for the prestigious JustGiving 2011 awards.
The Dogs Trust, which is based in Wakley Street, Finsbury, is among the finalists in the Creative Charity of the Year category.
Dogs Trust is the UK’s largest dog welfare charity, caring for around 16,000 mutts every year in its 17 rehoming centres.
A spokeswoman for the Dogs Trust said: “It’s wonderful news that the Dogs Trust has been nominated. JustGiving is a fantastic online tool which allows our supporters to raise money for their events up and down the country. We are delighted to be shortlisted and this wouldn’t have been possible without our supporters and the platform JustGiving provides.”
JustGiving is the UK’s most popular online fundraising platform, and the awards celebrate outstanding individuals and organisations who have given their time, effort and money to charity through its website.
You may also want to watch:
Anne-Marie Huby, managing director at JustGiving, said: “The JustGiving Awards are our opportunity to celebrate all the people who do the most amazing, creative and even crazy things in the name of charity. We were incredibly impressed by the standard of entries this year – more than 500 in total – and we are delighted to honour the efforts of our fundraising community.”
The awards ceremony will be held at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium on February 10.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting