Don’t treat disabled harshly
THE new benefit interviews for the disabled have been tried out in Burnley, Lancashire.
Some of the seriously disabled claimants have spoken out about the harsh nature of the repetitive interviews.
If we treat disabled people harshly, that will stain our civilisation.
The aforementioned trials are set to be rolled out all over the country.
David Cameron needs to bring some humanity into the changes to the benefit system.
You may also want to watch:
And Vince Cable should see that he does. – Max Nottingham, Lincoln.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 4 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 7 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition