Don’t treat disabled harshly
THE new benefit interviews for the disabled have been tried out in Burnley, Lancashire.
Some of the seriously disabled claimants have spoken out about the harsh nature of the repetitive interviews.
If we treat disabled people harshly, that will stain our civilisation.
The aforementioned trials are set to be rolled out all over the country.
David Cameron needs to bring some humanity into the changes to the benefit system.
You may also want to watch:
And Vince Cable should see that he does. – Max Nottingham, Lincoln.
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
- 9 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 10 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?