Don’t treat disabled harshly
THE new benefit interviews for the disabled have been tried out in Burnley, Lancashire.
Some of the seriously disabled claimants have spoken out about the harsh nature of the repetitive interviews.
If we treat disabled people harshly, that will stain our civilisation.
The aforementioned trials are set to be rolled out all over the country.
David Cameron needs to bring some humanity into the changes to the benefit system.
You may also want to watch:
And Vince Cable should see that he does. – Max Nottingham, Lincoln.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 5 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 6 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 9 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 10 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend