Double tragedy: Finsbury Park station death man named
POLICE have formally identified a man who died at Finsbury Park Tube station on New Year’s Day - just hours before his girlfriend was found murdered.
Jiri Stuchlik, 23, who was born in the Czech Republic, died after he was struck by a train at 4.20pm on January 1.
A post-mortem conducted yesterday (Thursday) at Finchley Mortuary gave the cause of death as head injuries. His death is being treated as non-suspicious.
At 9.40am on January 2, Mr Stuchlik’s girlfriend Jitka Nahodilov�, 27, was found suffering from multiple stab wounds at an address in Hampden Way, Barnet, She was pronounced dead at the scene. A post-mortem gave cause of death as a haemorrhage caused by multiple stab wounds.
Inquests into both deaths are scheduled to open next week at Barnet Coroners’ Court. Police say they are linking the two deaths, and are not seeking anyone else in connection with the inquiry.
You may also want to watch:
- Anyone with information should contact the incident room on 020 7321 7228; if you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 9 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 10 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine