Double tragedy: Finsbury Park station death man named
POLICE have formally identified a man who died at Finsbury Park Tube station on New Year’s Day - just hours before his girlfriend was found murdered.
Jiri Stuchlik, 23, who was born in the Czech Republic, died after he was struck by a train at 4.20pm on January 1.
A post-mortem conducted yesterday (Thursday) at Finchley Mortuary gave the cause of death as head injuries. His death is being treated as non-suspicious.
At 9.40am on January 2, Mr Stuchlik’s girlfriend Jitka Nahodilov�, 27, was found suffering from multiple stab wounds at an address in Hampden Way, Barnet, She was pronounced dead at the scene. A post-mortem gave cause of death as a haemorrhage caused by multiple stab wounds.
Inquests into both deaths are scheduled to open next week at Barnet Coroners’ Court. Police say they are linking the two deaths, and are not seeking anyone else in connection with the inquiry.
You may also want to watch:
- Anyone with information should contact the incident room on 020 7321 7228; if you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey