Junction Road collision: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving
- Credit: Submitted
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving after a cyclist was injured in a collision.
Police were called just before 3pm on Thursday (February 25) to reports of a collision involving a car and a cyclist in Junction Road.
An injured male cyclist was treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to an east London hospital for further care.
According to Scotland Yard, the man's condition is not life-threatening, but police were unable to say if the cyclist still remains in hospital.
A 40-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of drink driving, and has been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Road closures were put in place while emergency services dealt with the incident.
- 1 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos