E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives have released an e-fit of a youth they want to speak to, after a teenager was left partially blinded following a "horrific" assault in Islington.
The 19-year-old victim was assaulted by two men in Canonbury Road just before 7pm on December 29.
One of them reportedly stole his bag and hit him repeatedly around the face with a baton-style weapon.
Emergency services were called and he was taken to hospital for treatment for facial injuries, which doctors have said will affect him for the rest of his life.
Det Const Faisal Issaoui said: "I’m appealing to the public to take a good look at this e-fit and if they recognise him to get in touch with police.
You may also want to watch:
"It is incredibly important that we track down the person responsible for this horrific attack.
"I would ask anyone who has any information, no matter how insignificant you may think it to be, to get in touch with us as soon as possible."
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 6 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
The man police want to speak with is described as Black, aged in his late teens with spiky hair and of a skinny build.
He was about around five foot seven inches tall and was wearing a black top and black and white tracksuit bottoms.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 5318/29Dec, or alternatively, to contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.